INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler doesnt take dawn offset into account

• Thank you received: 20
Hi all,
due to the short nights in summer I take pictures until the sun reached 15° under horizon. To get that I change the dusk and dawn offset. In yesterdays session I changed dawn offset to +0.5h. In the scheduler tab the twilight changed from 23:19 - 03:17 to 23:19 - 03:44. So in principle Kstars/Ekos get the change.

But when starting the scheduler, it tells me that due to twilight it will only take pictures until 03:14! There is no other constrained that causes that (the object is very high, altitude obove 70°, my horizon is lower)

Screenshot and schedule is attached. I'm using Kstars 3.7.0 and INDI 2.0.7 from ppa on Ubuntu/Mele 3Q

What can I do to change this?

File Attachment:

File Name: NGC590508_....esl.zip
File Size:1 KB
Last edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by JuergenN.
2 weeks 5 days ago #100725
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by JuergenN.
2 weeks 5 days ago #100729
Attachments:

I just tested it with my home PC (Opensuse 15.5, Kstars 3.7.0 INDI 2.0.7 from download.opensuse.org/repositories/Appli...trophotography/15.5/ )

Same behaviour. The twilight is changed but the schduler stops like there is no dawn offset!
2 weeks 5 days ago #100733

• Thank you received: 570
I just took a look. It seems that there is some confusion in the code between the dawn offset you are setting, and another (old) parameter called "Pre-dawn" which is in the same options menu several rows above "dawn offset".

I'm not sure whether Pre-dawn is something that should be removed from the code or not, it predates me, but I'll think about it. In the mean time, I believe that if you set Pre-dawn to 0, you will get the performance you desire.

Hy
The following user(s) said Thank You: JuergenN
2 weeks 5 days ago #100744

Thanks for your reply. At the moment I'm running with startup conditions "on" and "repeat until". That works but I have to deselect the twilight constrained. I will test with "dawn offset" 0 tomorrow, would be more comfortable if that works.

One question: would it be possible to set the dip of the sun below horizon (would be helpfull especially in the summertime) So just set maybe 17° or 15° and the twilight is set accordingly? Maybe a feature for the future?

P.S.: Just tested it with simulators: worked. Thanks, Hy
Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by JuergenN.
2 weeks 5 days ago #100748

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds