INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Lacerta MGEN support?

• Thank you received: 19
OK, thanks for the instructions. Next Problem is that i cant find a download link. Maybe this works different in Linux world, but HOW do i download this file?
I am able to copy the raw code, but i dont think thats what i am supposed to do, right?

cheers
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
6 years 2 months ago #22411

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Lacerta MGEN support?

On github.com, you may press the button "Raw" on the right side of the view window. This displays the file unformatted, you can then save the "page" where you need to.

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22412

Hi!
Managed to copy the rules file to the correct directory (and learned a lot about the file system and syntax :-))
Then i started the system new. controlled if the driver is where it has to be-->OK
So i started Kstars, the Ekos. Normally i open the pulldowns i need and choose the device i need.
But i can find it there. Shouldnt it be in "Guider"?
Because i can not find anything called mgen. Or do you talk about another kind of starting my driver with my indiserver?
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
6 years 2 months ago #22415

In Ekos this should be an Aux driver. It's not a guider (yet) for Ekos because Ekos cannot control it per se.

Could you describe your setup a bit more? How many computers do you have, and what is connected to which? I'd like to understand to which computer the MGen is connected to, and whether there is a remote indiserver involved.

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22418

Hi!

Sure. I am Running an old Laptop, HP Pavillon, where i installed something called "Distro-Astro" a special Linux distribtion with lots of Astronomic software on, and also with KStars. I DO NOT run another device with an indi server on it like a Rasperry pi or something similar. All my devices are connected dirfetly to the notebook. The EQ6-R, The Canon DSLR EOS 5dIIIa and now the MGen too. The EQ for sure with an adapter from Serial to USB.
Hope that helps.
6 years 2 months ago #22419

OK thanks for the description. Tell me how enabling the driver in Ekos goes. When you open the INDI panel, you should have a relevant tab for the MGen along with other devices.

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22422

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
6 years 2 months ago #22423

Awww OK. I had a look at the Distro-Astro distribution. While the idea is indeed very good, it seems the KStars/Ekos/Indi is largely outdated. Much happened during these four years, and incidentally, I developed the MGen driver in 2017...

I suggest using the method described at indilib.org/download/ubuntu.html to update your installation of KStars and INDI (not touching anything else on your system!). Your distribution is an Ubuntu 14.04, indilib.org recommends 16.04, but I suppose it should work nonetheless.

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22425

Ah ok. I understand.

How do i update my ubuntu? It doesn´t matter for me to start from scratch, there is nothing neccesary on this laptop at the moment.
The Install KStars-bleedning does not work too. It says can´t find the paket kstars-bleedig...
And where can i look for my actual version on my system. Didn´t find it there...

And the last question. Why is the Distro-Astro so outdated? does nobody work on it anymore? thought it was quite new...
6 years 2 months ago #22426

I know it might be a hassle, but could you share the result of the commands you tried in order to update the packages? Screenshots will be OK of course.

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22428

No problem. Here you are

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
6 years 2 months ago #22429

OK. I had a quick check at Jasem's package repository, and there's no build executed for trusty (14.04) for indi-full and kstars-bleeding anymore. Sorry for the wrong information.

You have two solutions from there. You can either reinstall a 16.04 or 17.04, in which case I suggest a "light" distribution such as Lubuntu for your laptop. Or you may run a system upgrade to 16.04+ from where you are now, and keep the nice package set you have in Distro-Astro.

If you choose the upgrade option, first open the Update Manager and proceed to update your system components (the manager should automatically ask and do that for you). Then second, execute "sudo update-manager -d" in a terminal. This will relaunch the Update Manager and trigger a full system upgrade. If this doesn't work, then you will have to revert to the first solution...

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22430

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds