INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Lacerta MGEN support?

• Thank you received: 19
Ah ok. I understand.

How do i update my ubuntu? It doesn´t matter for me to start from scratch, there is nothing neccesary on this laptop at the moment.
The Install KStars-bleedning does not work too. It says can´t find the paket kstars-bleedig...
And where can i look for my actual version on my system. Didn´t find it there...

And the last question. Why is the Distro-Astro so outdated? does nobody work on it anymore? thought it was quite new...
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
6 years 2 months ago #22426

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Lacerta MGEN support?

I know it might be a hassle, but could you share the result of the commands you tried in order to update the packages? Screenshots will be OK of course.

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22428

No problem. Here you are

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
6 years 2 months ago #22429

OK. I had a quick check at Jasem's package repository, and there's no build executed for trusty (14.04) for indi-full and kstars-bleeding anymore. Sorry for the wrong information.

You have two solutions from there. You can either reinstall a 16.04 or 17.04, in which case I suggest a "light" distribution such as Lubuntu for your laptop. Or you may run a system upgrade to 16.04+ from where you are now, and keep the nice package set you have in Distro-Astro.

If you choose the upgrade option, first open the Update Manager and proceed to update your system components (the manager should automatically ask and do that for you). Then second, execute "sudo update-manager -d" in a terminal. This will relaunch the Update Manager and trigger a full system upgrade. If this doesn't work, then you will have to revert to the first solution...

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22430

• Thank you received: 11

Replied by Andreas on topic Re:Lacerta MGEN support?

Hi guys, I think there should be done the compile-thing somewhere? Eric, when the.cakemaker is updated - could you please stepbystep us up the compilething in this special case?

Andreas
6 years 2 months ago #22431

OK. So in this cas. Where do i find the Update Manager?
6 years 2 months ago #22433

@andreas yes I'm supposed to fix the driver installation cmake script at some point, but I'm still busy with my fixed obs :)

@tcm check the "start" menu, this should be in system? I'm not used to your distribution.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
6 years 2 months ago #22446

Installed Lubuntu overnight. Installed kstars in the morning today. Whole thing looks different now, like latest versions. Installed your driver today. Couldnt find it in aux but was busy for work. Ill have a try in the evening today. Thanx for now for the great support!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
6 years 2 months ago #22455

Replied by the.cakemaker on topic Lacerta MGEN support?

Hi again.

I am running KStars in the newest (i believe) version now.
My Canon is running allready. Did not test the EQ6-r now, because its standing outside atm.
Now i copied the .rules file to the etc/udev/rules.d
I cheked if its there. OK. What i saw is that in the another system i had before, there were way more rules files there. the only one there except yours is the meadesi.rules.
So i got back to ekos and still can not find the driver under aux.
So maybe with my fresh up to date system you have an idea? Here are some screens for you. Maybe it helps.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by the.cakemaker.
6 years 2 months ago #22460

Mmh I'm looking at the code of Ekos, and though there could be a typo, the MGen driver is described. So, why doesn't it appear?

So I downloaded a fresh update of kstars-bleeding, and the driver doesn't show up, agreed. But with kstars-bleeding, I don't get the full 3rd party drivers apparently.

Installing indi-full would not help, because it stayed to version 1.4, latest is 1.6.2. So any advice related to indi-full is basically outdated information.

Soooo I don't know. I'll ask on the Ekos subforum :)

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
6 years 2 months ago #22462

Well, apparently all 3rd party drivers are provided by separate builds on Jasem's ppa. The MGen driver isn't one of them :) I'll ask what can be done.

There's another point: from your screenshot, it seems the MGen is still recognized as an USB serial adapter. This means the rule file was probably ineffective. It might be that yours doesn't match the serial number "MGS05443" mentioned there.

Could you run "udevadm info /dev/ttyUSB0" in a terminal and check what appears for attribute "serial"?

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22464

(side note: I'm wrong about indi-full being outdated)

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22466

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds