INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Lacerta MGEN support?

• Thank you received: 19
Where do i find driver manager?
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
6 years 2 months ago #22498

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Lacerta MGEN support?

The Driver Manager is under KStars, menu Tools/Devices/Device Manager.

See the Ekos subforum, topic "MGen driver" for a detailed description of the problem you are experiencing.

Until the issue is fixed, and Jasem's ppa recovers from the maintenance phase, I fear there is no easy way to retrieve the driver, except by compiling it from source yourself. Let's wait a bit before moving to such extremities :)

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
6 years 2 months ago #22520

So now if your system is Ubuntu-based, 16.04, 17.10 or 18.04 (check system settings / details or directly "cat /etc/os-release"), you should be able to update and retrieve driver "indi-mgen".

For now I don't see the virtual package "indi-full" being updated (still at 1.4~201710281604 for me), so you will need to install "indi-mgen" specifically in your package manager.

Tell me how it goes from there!

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: the.cakemaker
6 years 2 months ago #22592

I just updated indi-full to include indi-mgen but that would be built tomorrow in the PPA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22594

Hi!

Tried to install indi-mgen with sudo apt-get install indi-mgen, which happenend to to be ok. But i still can´t find it in Aux or guider.
Did i do something wrong? Should i wait for indi-full?
cheers, Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
6 years 2 months ago #22601

The list of drivers is built when you start kstars. So if executable "indi_mgenautoguider" is available as a result of installation (you can check this with "which indi_mgenautoguider" in a terminal), closing and reopening kstars should mark the MGen device with a checked icon in the device manager, as opposed to the phone icon (I think the standard checkbox icon is a bit misleading there). The button "start service" should be available, and pressing it should open the INDI panel. If all this is OK, any drop-down in the profile editor of Ekos should display the MGen device as an option.

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22604

Excellent, can you please submit necessary documentation for inclusion in indilib.org/devices/ccds.html? Features, Operations for each tab, Screenshots.. any known limitation or things the user have to watch for.
6 years 2 months ago #22613

Hi. Looked after the devicemanager. At aux/mgenautoguider, there is an X behind it. Maybe the installation went wrong? Is there more to do then apt-get install indi-mgen? When i check it with which indi_mgenautoguider it writes „/usr/bin/indi mgenautoguider. Is that ok? Ev. you can provide me with the right syntax for installation? Would be great.

Niki

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
6 years 2 months ago #22614

The reason is because the driver XML file incorrectly specified the group. I corrected that so tomorrow build should be fine.
6 years 2 months ago #22617

Hehe I mentioned that the checkbox icon would be misleading :) in the device manager, I believe there are three possible states for each device : not available, available as remote, available. The icons used depends on the Linux UI, but the "available" state is marked with a checked icon (either a "V" or a "X"). In that situation the button "Start service" is active, and you can depress it to start the device INDI driver.

(sorry no access to a system for screenshots right now)

@knro I will of course, however I had planned to do proper documentation for the next release (adding support for the PHD2 protocol), as a few users had offered to test the driver first. Not the optimal choice, I'd admit.

-Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22618

:) I understand. So thats why Canon EOS has an X too... I‘ll try again after work. So long..
Niki

6 years 2 months ago #22619

Ok. Connected succesfull. Seems to work so far. But still no appearence in the Ekos driver list.

But it seems that the guider is controllable from the laptop. Hopefully i am able to try today. I‘ll keep you updated.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
6 years 2 months ago #22627

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds