INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Bulb mode isn't supported

• Thank you received: 1
When I try to run INDI with indi_gphoto_ccd and control my Nikon D600 everything works just fine. However, when I try to control my Nikon D7000 I get the error message in the console reading: "Bulb mode isn't supported. exposure limited to maximum camera exposure. "

I found this topic with similar problem from over 2 years ago, but there it states that this issue was solved in the software?
Anything I can check/change to make this work?
7 years 11 months ago #7713

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 32
Hi Astroforum guy. ;) Might I suggest to try setting the D7000 to manual.. for some reason that solved my issues on my 6D a while ago. Now it works again using the Bulb mode, but for some reason it's been a bit of a hit and miss lately (maybe software related and now solved again in an update, who knows).
7 years 11 months ago #7715

Hi there :)
Pretty sure I had it set to manual, but will check again tonight. thx for the suggestions..
7 years 11 months ago #7716

• Thank you received: 32
Not saying that would solve it, but it was temporarily the case with my 6D. Does the D7000 actually have a dedicated Bulb setting?
7 years 11 months ago #7720

Yes.. just 1 step further from 30sec. exposure time. It actually reads 'bulb' in the display.
I noticed that for the D600 it reads '--' instead of that. Might be part of the problem, not sure.
7 years 11 months ago #7726

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds