INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos + Indiserver + Toupcam, after update to v2.0.1

• Thank you received: 0
I have a weird issue with KStars + Ekos + Indiserver + Toupcam (indi_toupcam_ccd):

If I start it over KStars/Ekos, the indiserver starts, the indi_toupcam_ccd-child, too.
Then it says "Could not setup Toupcam", but if you look into the log-file, you will see the serial-number of the camera.

If you start the indiserver on the same node over the webmanager (or manually) and let Ekos connect to this indiserver, everything is working.....

The only difference I see, is in the process-Tree

Starting over Web-Manager:
Starting over Ekos:

Installed Versions:

indi-full:
Installiert: 2.0.1+202304042205~ubuntu22.04.1
kstars-bleeding:
Installiert: 6:3.6.4+202304052226~ubuntu22.04.1
indi-toupbase:
Installiert: 2.0+t202304100800~ubuntu22.04.1
1 year 3 weeks ago #91915

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What's your exact camera model? INDI v2.0.1 has a new Touptek driver.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91923

• Thank you received: 0
Its a Touptek ATR3CMOS26000KPA ( Touptek atr3cmos26000kpa )

Just saw, that the quotes are disappeared:

With the WebManager you see in the process-overview (pstree), that the driver submit a few threads, when it is connecting to the camera. Then everything is fine.
With KStars&Ekos, the log stops, and nothing happens.

Nik

File Attachment:

File Name: kstars_debug_log.txt
File Size:5 KB
Last edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Nikodemus. Reason: typo
1 year 3 weeks ago #91926
Attachments:

There was a mismatch between the driver XML file and actual driver names. I will push a fix soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikodemus
1 year 3 weeks ago #91937

• Thank you received: 31
Thank you, Jasem. The Risingcam 571c now connects, and I appreciate the new heating controls and information.

Unfortunately, as I was taking flats tonight every time the camera was actively capturing, the cooling turned off. This is with all the same power supply and connections that I normally use, so I think it unlikely to be related to instability in the 12v supply. However, I did not spend time investigating - we haven't had many clear nights here so I quickly re-mounted my old QHY183c for tonight.
1 year 3 weeks ago #91989

is this with flats only?? or anytime you capture the cooling is turned off?
1 year 3 weeks ago #91998

I had to wait for tonight to test further, as I quickly changed cameras last night, so as to not risk losing a rare clear session.

It turns out to be not quite what I thought. What happens is that the fan turns off briefly right at the start of any exposure. It turns right back on, but I was taking 0.5s flats so it just kept sputtering on and off.
There is another serious issue with the driver. I think someone else mentioned that the gain cannot be set in the Capture tab - the entry field is unresponsive. This means that, if you use a higher gain for Align or Focus, the gain does not switch back when Align is finished and a capture starts.
1 year 3 weeks ago #92015

There is no issue with gain, but there *was* an issue with offset that was fixed and published since then.
1 year 3 weeks ago #92024

• Thank you received: 2
I just did a quick test with a run of 0.5 second flats with my ToupTek ATR3CMOS26000KPA and indi v2.01 and I'm not getting pauses with the fan in my case
What I did notice was the cooler buttons can be set to on and off simultaneously. Is this expected behaviour?
I notice I can't set Offset in the capture module, is this what you referring to? I just set black point in the settings and image stats seems to suggest this works
1 year 3 weeks ago #92040

I installed the nightly and tested again, with the same behaviors.

Here, at the start, I am unable to enter any text or delete the -- in the Gain field:

After 20 1s exposures the sensor temp has risen by ~3°c, where it reaches an equilibrium. The rise is larger for shorter exposures.

Finally, after taking an exposure in the Align tab where gain is set to 1000, the gain of 1000 remains for future Light captures.
1 year 3 weeks ago #92042
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.825 seconds