INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO ASI 1600MM-Cool tested

• Thank you received: 26
Hello,

I've just tested indilib on Raspberry Pi 2 on the brand new ZWO ASI1600MM-Cool camera, I might be the first in the world doing this.

Short story:

The camera gets connection. The cooling works. Reading of the camera parameters works including dimensions. Making a dark frame of 300 seconds capture at -18 degrees celsius works (but somehow it looks the streaming mode has to be setup) otherwise it seems to repeat the countdown of capturing without download (why it behaves like this, I have not idea). Images can be downloaded, but the images is 8 bits data, the 4 least significant bits are clipped, and the dark images shows only hot-pixels, no dark or bias signal is visible with the 4 least significant bits clipped. 16 bit mode was set in Format tab.

Latest version of Ekos 1.5, Daily build indilib 1.2 for Raspberry, I will come with debugging information later.

What could be wrong?

www.flickr.com/photos/jurgenk2/27333337210
www.flickr.com/photos/jurgenk2/27537523971
www.flickr.com/photos/jurgenk2/27511528092
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jurgen Kobierczynski. Reason: correcting dutch spellingscorrector
7 years 9 months ago #8783

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The daily build for Raspberry PI wasn't working since the migration to GitHub, it's working now. You can download the updated file and try. Please enable debug logging as well.
7 years 9 months ago #8789

Hello,

I've tried downloading and updating the libindi daily build files, after verifying the hash the files showed the same.
No update was necessary as it was the latest version.

i@raspberrypi:~ $ tar -cO libindi_1.2.0_rpi | sha1sum
0cdcb79e5678388fec9120862269591403488ebc -
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ mv libindi_1.2.0_rpi libindi_1.2.0_rpi.old
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ tar -zxvf libindi_1.2.0_rpi.tgz
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ tar -cO libindi_1.2.0_rpi | sha1sum
0cdcb79e5678388fec9120862269591403488ebc -

I tried the same things as yesterday, with debug enabled

Connections comes up but the temperature control remains void. I see the camera parameters.
I try making a capture like yesterday, but the timer each time blocks every time short before the end of a capture of a image. I tried setting streaming mode, setting gain, setting temperature, nothing helps to make a full capture.

Yesterday it has worked after some tries I managed to receive streaming data, and after then I downloaded a image and verified it receives valid data when I illuminated the sensor.

Here are some debug files for now, I will try some more to see if can get images, and get the cooler temperature regulating again.

greetings,

Jurgen Kobierczynski
7 years 9 months ago #8790
Attachments:

Here is the 8-bit clipped dark image I captured yesterday (300 seconde, -18 degrees celsius)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jurgen Kobierczynski.
7 years 9 months ago #8791
Attachments:

I've restarted the Raspberry Pi 2 and the Ekos 1.5 VM, and now it's working like yesterday again.
connection works, receiving camera parameters, temperature readout and setting works, making captures works.
(but with 8 bits cropped data)

Here are the debug log files and the fits files I've captured
(2 of 90 seconds, 2 of 300 seconds)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jurgen Kobierczynski.
7 years 9 months ago #8798
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by yang on topic ZWO ASI 1600MM-Cool tested

I have tested Indi on Raspberry Pi, found that timer blocks at the end of the process when maximum resolution is set,
but after smaller resolution is set, image can be downloaded, you can try this.
7 years 9 months ago #8812

• Thank you received: 9
I also have an ASI 1600MM-Cool since last week and try to get it work with newest INDI/EKOS on my Lenovo W-510 with Ubuntu Mate 16.04 LTS but it does not work. I cannot download a picture or set it to 16bit mode. The counter stops at something like 0.23s and then the driver crashes. No chance of aborting the exposure or disconnecting the camera. I would really appreciate if this could be fixed.

Edit: If I can help in any way, please contact me on Skype: "subtobi" or Facebook: "Tobiasz Keller". I'm a software engineer and also have knowledge in electronics.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Tobiasz Jakubowski.
7 years 9 months ago #8814

"The counter stops at something like 0.23s and then the driver crashes."

Same issue noticed here...
I also noticed the restarting the countdown timer without downloading an image at alll.
I have managed to make it to work by rebooting the raspberry and the ekos virtual machine.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jurgen Kobierczynski. Reason: spelling correction
7 years 9 months ago #8818

I rebooted several times and tried on different machines. Always the same issue. I think the problem comes from the function ASICCD::TimerHit() and is in the while loop between Line 1016 and 1078 but I have to debug it first to confirm.
7 years 9 months ago #8819

I've seen this message in my debug log:

"ASIGetExpStatus failed (0). Restarting exposure..."

This is line 1067: github.com/indilib/indi/blob/master/3rdp...si/asi_ccd.cpp#L1067
7 years 9 months ago #8820

I just saw that the ASI SDK was updated 4 hours ago on github. So there will probably be an update in the next few hours.
7 years 9 months ago #8821

I tried yesterday with the version of 13.06.2016 but it still does not work. Now it even fails to start an exposure. Jasem, can you tell us if someone is working on this with Sam?
7 years 9 months ago #8833

Time to create page: 0.901 seconds