INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO ASI 1600MM-Cool tested

• Thank you received: 26
I mean with same behavior the 1-1.6s bug, I have no problems with losing half of my exposures. I used the SDK provided in the message right above with the latest hithub driver, and the 45% bandwidth limit and USB 2.0 settings I didn't change.
www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/1326-zw...d.html?start=24#8959
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jurgen Kobierczynski. Reason: correcting dutch spellingscorrector
7 years 9 months ago #9012

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
Yes the SDK I posted only fixes the problem of losing half of the exposures. The 1-1.6s bug is still there and Yang is working on it.
7 years 9 months ago #9032

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by rumen on topic ZWO ASI 1600MM-Cool tested

Hi Guys,
How did you test the ASI1600? I could not make mine work with indi. It works like a charm with linguider though it is not a guiding camera :)
I tryed with the indi ppa but it did not work. then I got the latest sources from SVN and built the latest ASI driver to no avail. Any help is welcome.

2016-06-28T19:49:01: Client 0: read newNumberVector ZWO CCD ASI1600MC-Cool CCD_TEMPERATURE
CCD_TEMPERATURE_VALUE='0'
2016-06-28T19:49:01: Driver indi_asi_ccd: queuing responsible for <newNumberVector device='ZWO CCD ASI1600MC-Cool' name='CCD_TEMPERATURE'>
2016-06-28T19:49:01: Driver indi_asi_ccd: sending msg copy 1 nq 1:
<newNumberVector device="ZWO CCD ASI1600MC-Cool" name="CCD_TEMPERATURE">
<oneNumber name="CCD_TEMPERATURE_VALUE">
</oneNumber>
</newNumberVector>

2016-06-28T19:49:01: Driver indi_asi_ccd: indi_asi_ccd dispatch error:
2016-06-28T19:49:29: Client 0: read newNumberVector ZWO CCD ASI1600MC-Cool CCD_BINNING
HOR_BIN='1'
VER_BIN='1'
2016-06-28T19:49:29: Driver indi_asi_ccd: queuing responsible for <newNumberVector device='ZWO CCD ASI1600MC-Cool' name='CCD_BINNING'>
2016-06-28T19:49:29: Driver indi_asi_ccd: sending msg copy 1 nq 1:
<newNumberVector device="ZWO CCD ASI1600MC-Cool" name="CCD_BINNING">
<oneNumber name="HOR_BIN">
</oneNumber>
<oneNumber name="VER_BIN">
</oneNumber>
</newNumberVector>

2016-06-28T19:49:29: Driver indi_asi_ccd: indi_asi_ccd dispatch error:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by rumen.
7 years 8 months ago #9091

In this post indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/1326-zwo-as...d.html?start=24#8959 you can find the newest SDK (not officially released). Then you need to rename one file from .a to .bin and build the driver yourself. Very important: It does only work with USB2.0 and you should set the bandwidth to 45. The only known remaining bug is that exposures from 1s to 1.7s are broken otherwise the driver works fine and I already run two sessions. Yang the driver developer from ZWO is working on the issue.
7 years 8 months ago #9093

This is strange. I am linguider developer and I created the linguider driver tested the camera with linguider. it works just fine with all settings of bandwidth... never tied usb3,0... This is quite strange...
7 years 8 months ago #9094

Is there a repo for linguider or is it closed source? Otherwise can you look at Jasems driver perhaps you can spot some issues in the code?
7 years 8 months ago #9095

I presume you mean Github? We're not using Subversion anymore. Also, INDI/PPA is in a flux yesterday and today due to a major update so drivers might not be working correctly. Please wait until tomorrow's PPA build (or you can now build libindi first then indi-asi from Github).
7 years 8 months ago #9096

Yes lin-guider is free and its code is used for the Ekos native guider.
This is the repo: git://git.code.sf.net/p/lguide/code, please use branch master1 , it is very close to becoming Lin-guider 4.0...
also please install the latest .so file from the ZWO SDK. I believe it was named libasicamera2.so (please mind your architecture).
It works well with exposures over 1s and for some reason first 1 or 2 frames come out are broken and then it works well. Unfortunately I can not use lin-guider for imaging...

I wish I could take a look at it as I planned to test the camera and possibly make some nice pictures this weekend but looks like I will have to work on another project this weekend. So I hoped for a ready solution...
7 years 8 months ago #9101

I updated indi this morning but no cigar...
The strange thing that I saw is that I can not set gain. The tab with the specific camera settings does not appear. I have asi224 for lin-guider development and tests and I saw additional tab when I connected it with all stuff like gain, bandwidth, WB etc...
7 years 8 months ago #9102

Do you use the newest SDK i posted above? When this happens to me I just disconnect and reconnect in the driver and the controls tab is there. Anyway, i don't know whats de difference between the .a and .so but that's the difference! linguider is using the .so lib and INDI driver is using the .a!!!
7 years 8 months ago #9103

I doubt there is a problem with this. both are libraries - .a is static one that go in the driver binary itself and .so is dynamic that is used execution time. Anyway I will try to find some time to look in to it...
7 years 8 months ago #9104

• Thank you received: 26
Are there any updates on the driver?

I've used the ASI1600MM-Cool INDI driver again this night and discovered, apart from the USB2 and 45% bandwidth limitation and the 1.0-1.7 second exposure problem, I cannot use this driver with my QHY5-II-M guiding camera, not with the INDI driver and also not with Linguider running independent from indiserver. The downloads never happens and the exposure counter just restarts. It looks the ASI1600MM-Cool INDI usb driver conflicts with other usb drivers. I have just done a nighttime session guiding on Synguider instead to allow 60x120 seconds exposures of ngc7000.

Jurgen
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Jurgen Kobierczynski.
7 years 8 months ago #9354

Time to create page: 0.974 seconds