INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO ASI 1600MM-Cool tested

I presume you mean Github? We're not using Subversion anymore. Also, INDI/PPA is in a flux yesterday and today due to a major update so drivers might not be working correctly. Please wait until tomorrow's PPA build (or you can now build libindi first then indi-asi from Github).
7 years 8 months ago #9096

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by rumen on topic ZWO ASI 1600MM-Cool tested

Yes lin-guider is free and its code is used for the Ekos native guider.
This is the repo: git://git.code.sf.net/p/lguide/code, please use branch master1 , it is very close to becoming Lin-guider 4.0...
also please install the latest .so file from the ZWO SDK. I believe it was named libasicamera2.so (please mind your architecture).
It works well with exposures over 1s and for some reason first 1 or 2 frames come out are broken and then it works well. Unfortunately I can not use lin-guider for imaging...

I wish I could take a look at it as I planned to test the camera and possibly make some nice pictures this weekend but looks like I will have to work on another project this weekend. So I hoped for a ready solution...
7 years 8 months ago #9101

I updated indi this morning but no cigar...
The strange thing that I saw is that I can not set gain. The tab with the specific camera settings does not appear. I have asi224 for lin-guider development and tests and I saw additional tab when I connected it with all stuff like gain, bandwidth, WB etc...
7 years 8 months ago #9102

• Thank you received: 9
Do you use the newest SDK i posted above? When this happens to me I just disconnect and reconnect in the driver and the controls tab is there. Anyway, i don't know whats de difference between the .a and .so but that's the difference! linguider is using the .so lib and INDI driver is using the .a!!!
7 years 8 months ago #9103

I doubt there is a problem with this. both are libraries - .a is static one that go in the driver binary itself and .so is dynamic that is used execution time. Anyway I will try to find some time to look in to it...
7 years 8 months ago #9104

• Thank you received: 26
Are there any updates on the driver?

I've used the ASI1600MM-Cool INDI driver again this night and discovered, apart from the USB2 and 45% bandwidth limitation and the 1.0-1.7 second exposure problem, I cannot use this driver with my QHY5-II-M guiding camera, not with the INDI driver and also not with Linguider running independent from indiserver. The downloads never happens and the exposure counter just restarts. It looks the ASI1600MM-Cool INDI usb driver conflicts with other usb drivers. I have just done a nighttime session guiding on Synguider instead to allow 60x120 seconds exposures of ngc7000.

Jurgen
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Jurgen Kobierczynski.
7 years 8 months ago #9354

I plan to put in some time on it during the next days. I was too busy until yesterday.
Seems like nobody else volunteered :) So I guess I have to give it a try.... but I have to figure out how indi drivers work first... so it may take some time...
7 years 8 months ago #9356

Hi all,
here is a patch that fixes several problems with the ASI driver. A good example how dangerous is to use uninitialized data.

commit ba8eaa6e2fe90d4caa0e539680ab3a1da5f9146a
Author: Rumen G.Bogdanovski <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Date: Fri Jul 22 03:36:10 2016 +0300

ASI: fix uninitialized CoolerSP struct - leading to strange behaviour including failure to capture images

diff --git a/3rdparty/indi-asi/asi_ccd.cpp b/3rdparty/indi-asi/asi_ccd.cpp
index c4b10d5..19b672f 100644
--- a/3rdparty/indi-asi/asi_ccd.cpp
+++ b/3rdparty/indi-asi/asi_ccd.cpp
@@ -223,6 +223,10 @@ bool ASICCD::initProperties()
{
INDI::CCD::initProperties();

+ IUFillSwitch(&CoolerS[0], "COOLER_ON", "ON", ISS_OFF);
+ IUFillSwitch(&CoolerS[1], "COOLER_OFF", "OFF", ISS_ON);
+ IUFillSwitchVector(&CoolerSP, CoolerS, 2, getDeviceName(), "CCD_COOLER", "Cooler", MAIN_CONTROL_TAB, IP_WO, ISR_1OFMANY, 0, IPS_IDLE);
+
IUFillNumber(&CoolerN[0], "CCD_COOLER_VALUE", "Cooling Power (%)", "%+06.2f", 0., 1., .2, 0.0);
IUFillNumberVector(&CoolerNP, CoolerN, 1, getDeviceName(), "CCD_COOLER_POWER", "Cooling Power", MAIN_CONTROL_TAB, IP_RO, 60, IPS_IDLE);
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tobiasz Jakubowski
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by rumen.
7 years 8 months ago #9391

Time to create page: 0.909 seconds