INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon T1i Cannot Download Images From RPI2

• Thank you received: 19
I have been using my Canon T1i very happily for the last several months but today, I can' get images to download from my rpi2 after the exposure completes. The downloading image just spins. I am using the latest versions of ekos/indi on vm as well as the most recent version for the rpi (downloaded 6/12). I have attached a log file from the gphoto_ccd. In my log you may notice that the wait time for the download may seem short but normally my images download in less than 30 secs. I tried waiting for several minutes before capturing the log so I know it isn't working. I have tripled checked my camera settings and the camera is in manual mode/single shot and the mirror lock setting is disabled. The camera works well manually outside of INDI and I also tested it with BackyardEOS and it works there as well. Thanks for looking into this.

--Jon
7 years 10 months ago #8990

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

After a complete wipe/reinstall on the pi, the issue still persists. It finally dawned on me that I should try the camera locally on the vm. I did and still a no go. Time to either install the vm again or move over to a full linux machine and run from there.....the problem is clearly in my vm. Something broke in the last update for me I believe.

--Jon
7 years 10 months ago #9001

SUCCESS!! at last. The problem turns out to be running PHD2 as the guiding software rather than the internal guider. If I have PHD2 selected, the images from gphoto never download (or at least for 5 minutes before I stopped it) I tried as was suggested in another forum running PHD2 in a separate instance of indi server on port 8000 and it didn't make any difference.
When I have the time, I will try and capture some logs to make this more useful. I had the image download set to "client" when I did the tests but I believe someone else mentioned that there were some problems unless using "both" or "local". I did not try that.....yet.

--Jon
7 years 9 months ago #9004

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds