INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cannon T2i transfers

• Thank you received: 9

Cannon T2i transfers was created by John S.

I came across an issue with my Canon T2i camera. While I can connect to it and image fine with it, it seems that it does not transfer anything but the smaller window grayscale FITS files to my computer. I tried changing the transfer mode from FITS to Native but it seems to crash when I do that. I suspect it's just a setting I need to adjust. Does anyone know the proper settings for a Canon T2i? Is there any way to default to a specific set of settings when connecting to the device?
7 years 5 months ago #11054

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Cannon T2i transfers

Yes, after you change your settings, go to Options --> Configuration --> Save. This would save some of your settings in a file. At any rate, there are no "special" settings required. If you have a problem, you need to submit the log files for the driver.
7 years 5 months ago #11056

Replied by John S. on topic Cannon T2i transfers

I believe I figured out most of the issues I was having with the Canon. I was able to adjust the image size in the settings and got it to save. It will not however save the transfer format. It keeps reverting to Native and I have to reset it every time I connect. Am I doing something wrong there?
7 years 5 months ago #11064

It was not saving "Transfer Format" in GPhoto driver in configuration file, I just added that now.
7 years 5 months ago #11067

Cool. So that will be pushed out with the next kstars bleeding update tomorrow? I feel like I haven't wasted your time now. :)
7 years 5 months ago #11068

There are other settings that do not appear to be saved either, but I am not sure if that is by design or not. The enable/disable for solver for example does not seem to save. Would you like me to play with all of the settings and report ones that do not appear to save?
7 years 5 months ago #11069

I know which ones are saved. The solver is enabled by the client not within the driver.
7 years 5 months ago #11083

Cool. How long after enabling that setting will it be before the updated version is available?
7 years 5 months ago #11084

Something in today's update broke a canon transfers In plate solving. (Sigh).
7 years 5 months ago #11133

So, to update my post from the field a bit ago. It looks like one of the updates in the last 48 hours broke the Canon transfer to the plate solving engine. The image is taken fine, but the program crashes and exits immediately following that. I suspect it could be related to the fix applied to address the inability to save the transfer type in the Canon settings, but I could be wrong. I tried reverting the kstars-bleeding and indi-gphoto packages back to the version from the 24th, but that did not seem to resolve the issue. I tried on a different laptop with the latest release and had the same results. I will try a remove and re-install of the versions of all of the packages from a couple days ago tomorrow and will see if that resolves the issue by the time I go into the field again tomorrow night.
7 years 5 months ago #11137

This problem unrelated to canon and is fixed now. There should be a new package within 15-30 mins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paolo Casarini
7 years 5 months ago #11138

Cool. Thanks a bunch.
7 years 5 months ago #11142

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds