INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ST4 CAMERA RISING TECH compatble INDI??

• Thank you received: 301
@JF, @sk_vishwanath, could you provide what 'dmesg' logs out when you plug the camera in? Unplug the camera, execute 'dmesg -dw' in a terminal, wait for output to stabilize, plug the camera and provide the lines which appear at that moment.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vishwanath S K
6 years 5 months ago #20385

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hey Eric,
Here are the dmesg logs..

[ 34.023032 < 14.258644>] usb 3-6: new high-speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd
[ 34.461892 < 0.438860>] usb 3-6: New USB device found, idVendor=0547, idProduct=b133
[ 34.461894 < 0.000002>] usb 3-6: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 34.461895 < 0.000001>] usb 3-6: Product: USB2.0 Camera
[ 34.461896 < 0.000001>] usb 3-6: Manufacturer: TT

Thanks.
6 years 5 months ago #20414

• Thank you received: 301
Thanks. There's no Linux driver managing that manufacturer/product pair unfortunately. But this seems to be an Anchor/Cypress USB chip, so perhaps fiddling with udev and IDs might make it at least recognized. But communicating with the USB chip is one thing, talking with the camera is another.

If the Touptek sdk (not clear, is it related to the OP?) provides a command line tool to configure and recover a frame, it might be interesting to code an INDI CCD driver able to execute those calls. We already have that need expressed for raspistill for instance.

@knro, I'm sure you already thought of this, any advice?

-Eric
6 years 5 months ago #20420

I found some more resources on this camera, not sure if applicable to Linux systems, but there seems to be a Viewer wrapper written in Python
github.com/NMGRL/toupcam/blob/master/docs.md

And also a oacapture interface library.
github.com/openastroproject/libtoupcam-pkg

I tried installing oacapture with libtoupcam_1.6.5660-1_amd64.deb, but still couldn't get this camera detected.

I guess this camera is missing the fundamental hardware drivers in Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).
6 years 4 months ago #20506

Hi... I have also this camera....

It works with Altair GPCAM drivers ToupCam drivers and with original Rising Tech drivers

Did you get it work with INDI?
5 years 8 months ago #27274

No luck with Linux (Ubuntu), No drivers yet
Those drivers are only for Windows.

Since this camera supports Ascom drivers, Might show up as Ascom compatible camera in Windows version of INDI.
Cannot confirm though, as I don't have windows installation.
5 years 8 months ago #27285

That's pitty. I need to get it work with rasbperry Pi.
With Linux Ubuntu it should work with toupcam drivers. But these drivers are only for x64 and x86 arch. not ARM
5 years 8 months ago #27305

Are you sure, it works.
It never worked for me.
The toputek download site does not list GCMOS camera under supported models in Linux list.
www.touptek.com/download/showdownload.php?lang=en&id=28
5 years 8 months ago #27321

• Thank you received: 53
I've got a rebadged version f the same camera - USB product id is b134
To get it to work with ToupLite I had to replace libtoupcam.so with a version provided by the retailer. Also added a line to the udev rules file for product id b134.
Also got it to work with oacapture. Once again I had to replace the libtoupcam.so provided with oacapture with the retailer supplied one.
If you want to you could try by downloading from www.myastroshop.com.au/guides/prostar/do...ToupLite-1_0-x64.tgz
You have to expand the download, uninstall any current version of ToupLite (from /usr/local/ToupLite run the uninstall script), then install the downloaded version. I found the ToupLite app installed from there just hangs. So I copied the two .so files from /usr/local/ToupLite then uninstalled ToupLite. I then reinstalled ToupLite from the ToupTek website then overwrote with the two files I saved. And for good measure edited 99-toupcam.rules to add product id b134. After that ToupLite worked.
For oacapture, after installing I replaced its version of libtoupcam.so with my saved version and it too started to work.
I'm wondering if the oacapture code could be adapted into an INDI driver for the ToupCam camera? It is written in C. Indeed, if the author could be persuaded to support INDI drivers from oacapture it could be a win-win. oacapture gets a much bigger range of cameras to use and INDI can support the various Touptek / Altair / Rising Tech cameras.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vishwanath S K, Samuel
5 years 8 months ago #27397

That's good to know. oaCapture support also ARM architecture so I think it would be good solution for ToupCam, Altair and also Rising Tech camera users.

I have SDK from RisingTech and it seems drivers are written in C so maybe it could be used with Raspberry Pi. I can send it to developers of INDI
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Samuel.
5 years 8 months ago #27410

• Thank you received: 54
I've bought the 224 version last year, good little cam for the price.
here my question to the seller :
Me - Great little cam. Any chance you release the source of your driver, or provide arm version of library ? (raspberry pi...)
Seller - we putted the SDK in CD for your reference, you could check the CD
Me - thanks, but it contains only compiled libraries for conventional PC / x86_64 : i don't find anything for ARM devices... this would be great
Seller - I am sorry, We only has this kind of SDK

My cam is now on flymarket...
Good for Windows users B)
5 years 8 months ago #27413

File Attachment:

File Name: RisingCams...0125.zip
File Size:4,129 KB
Here is SDK... maybe somebody can do something with it...
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Samuel.
5 years 8 months ago #27415
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.030 seconds