INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon 350D suddenly not working?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!
I have two Canon DSLRs that I use with Ekos. My 350D has been working great for a long time. My 70 D has not connected for a while.

Tonight I upgraded my R-Pi that runs the indiserver, and now my 70 D works again! Great!

Then I switched back to my 350D - and now this one does not work. I rebooted everything to get a clean start. Then there is no info in the image info section. The log gives the message "Please update the camera pixel size in the Image Info section. The camera resolution will be updated after the first exposure is complete."I try to load settings - the light turns yellow ans stays yellow.
Next, after reboot, I get the same message and try to manually enter pixel size and hit Set. The dot turns yellow and stays yellow.
Then I try taking a preview. It just keeps loading, counting down, "seconds left".

What's going on here? Kstars log attached.

Magnus
7 years 5 months ago #11130
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing useful from KStars side. Attach the INDI driver logs.
7 years 5 months ago #11141

Hi!

Here's a gphoto log file, produced today. Same behavior. However,I read it coerrecly, there is no entries here about me trying either to enter a value for pixel size, or taking an exposure. This log file is where I started, enabled debug and loging, connected camera, and clicked "Preview".

I'm online if you want to have a look via Teamviewer.

Magnus
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Magnus Larsson.
7 years 5 months ago #11144
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 6
Did you solve this issue? I get similar behavior with my Canon 450D.
7 years 1 month ago #14619

Hi!

Yes, it was solved and then there were other problems.... I really can't recall what solved the issue that time. Maybe it was a matter of emptying and formatting the CF-card in the camera, interestingly enough. Have you tried that? I also exchanged USB-cables, althogh not sure about if that solved anything. I'd bet on the CF (or maybe you have a SD-)-card as a first thing to try.

Magnus
7 years 1 month ago #14621

Thanks for your suggestions.
I'm pretty sure that the SD card is not the problem, since I have made some pics recently, before re-installing and upgrading the lot. Maybe it's just a matter of upgrading again...
7 years 1 month ago #14632

OK, so next idea that I just remembered: I had some problems with power. I run my 360D with an AC-converter. Some failures in this, probably when the shutter opened and the current increases, caused very weird problems for a while. I exchanged all contacts to Andersom Powerpoles, and after that problem disappeared.

Magnus
7 years 1 month ago #14637

I don't think the power is the issue either, it worked fine with the previous version, it stopped after installing the latest driver.
I'll just upgrade again when they expect clear skies, which (as you probably know) can take a long time in Western Europe...
7 years 1 month ago #14688

Yeah I know about the skies....;) Sweden here.

I get the strange errors at times when starting, or if I've had to reboot my Raspberry. If I get errors with the 350D, I normally nowadays turn camera off, reboot the Raspberry, and turn camera back on.

Mine works nicely (for being a 350D) now, so your should work too...strange.

Magnus
7 years 1 month ago #14689

Time to create page: 0.633 seconds