INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon 350D unspecified error and OS error?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!
Suddenly I get two new kinds of error with my dear Canon 350D. Log files attached. These errors are intermittent - at times it functions for long stretches of time, but then they come. It seems I need to reboot the whole system to get it to work again. Mirror lock is disables on the camera. Any idea what this is about?

Magnus
7 years 4 months ago #12661
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The driver is just reporting what libgphoto2 replies with. At any rate, I made it try the event polling a few more times before it quits.
7 years 4 months ago #12669

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

This error (or these) now seems to hang my Raspberry totally. At other times, it makes the camera take images like crayz, unstoppable. Further, this seem to be related to the serial shutter release cable. When disconnecting this cable, it works.

I've been searching the Raspberry's logs for information about what happens, but cannot find anything in syslog. If there is something wrong with the cable, causing it to hang, where should I reasonably find information about this in the linux system logs? Or how can I check if this is what happens?

(I've ordered a new cable in case that is what causes it)

Magnus
7 years 4 months ago #12699

I'm afraid I have little experience with DSLRs let alone those with external shutters. GPhoto mailing list/forums is the best place to ask. Try with the new cable once it arrives and see if that was the cause.
7 years 4 months ago #12711

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds