INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI 120MC bug?

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic ASI 120MC bug?

What is the current situation with the ZWO ASI120MM? The CCD FAQ sticky seems to say the exposure looping is resolved, But the threads are still full of people experiencing issues. I was looking to buy one by the end of the month, and canceled my order just because of the issues raised.
7 years 3 months ago #13244
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 17

Replied by S on topic ASI 120MC bug?

My experience is pretty well documented in this thread. I actually bought a second ASI 120 because my ASI120MM worked very well 6 months ago (with original firmware, no looping, no crashing, just great!), but then all the strange stuff started to happen. I think I would look around for one where the drivers are open source if I am ever to get another camera, such that all these mishabs could be debugged and possibly fixed without relying on some company to do it all.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by S.
7 years 3 months ago #13245
  • Thank you received: 87

Replied by nMAC on topic ASI 120MC bug?

Well just to add that problems have just started too on x86_64 with my ASI120MM.
Last night I had a session on Orion Nebula and got missed exposures and retrying all the time. During guiding and calibration.
It worked but in the middle of guiding process had a lot of failures, so, it's it's not an exclusive situation of RPI's as I initially thought.
7 years 3 months ago #13250
  • Thank you received: 76

Replied by Derek on topic ASI 120MC bug?

Maybe if everyone plea to ZWO to release their linux sdk code?
zwoug.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6668&start=10

There are currently 3 posts (2 mine) asking to release the code.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew
7 years 3 months ago #13251
  • Thank you received: 54

Replied by gehelem on topic ASI 120MC bug?

+ mine !
:)
Gilles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek
7 years 3 months ago #13257

I also asked :lol:
7 years 3 months ago #13260

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic ASI 120MC bug?

I just tested ASI 120MC on x86_64 and RPI3 and it worked without any issues. I don't have anything else connected (connected directly to RPI3 and PC front USB panel). I don't use the PPA, but I wouldn't thing this is a packaging issue (but it could be). I wonder what's causing this issue.
7 years 3 months ago #13263

It's good to hear it working for you, put me a step closer to reordering it. But if it can only work while no other USB devices are attached then I can't rely on it. I'm planning on having an RPI3 with DSLR, USB>Serial to mount, External WiFi antenna, and Guide cam connected. Probably with powered usb hub. Software running locally within the Pi, no laptops.
I'm currently testing INDI/Ekos with lubuntu 16.04 with the PPA release. So far works fine otherwise.
7 years 3 months ago #13267

My RPi 2b have been running now with two exposures pr. minute, each between 0.01s and 25s for two days straight. It have not crashed as seen previously, but when it takes short exposures some of the frames are distorted. I have only the asi connected and I updated my RPi firmwave using raspi-update and I installed indi 1.3.1. Now, do I dare connect another camera? :P
7 years 3 months ago #13279

Any issues with it as a guide cam?
7 years 3 months ago #13286

I have not tried it yet, I have a second ASI120MM that I plan to use as a guide cam when everything else is up and running :P
7 years 3 months ago #13288
  • Thank you received: 87

Replied by nMAC on topic ASI 120MC bug?

I only use it as a guidecam. Yesterday it ressurrected to life again!
7 years 3 months ago #13289
Time to create page: 0.683 seconds