INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

dslr - image info

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

When I connect my canon dslr, I get a message that I should update my camera pixel information in the "image info" section. That section seems to be read only so I'm not sure if there is something wrong. Thanks in advance.

Richard
7 years 2 months ago #14234

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic dslr - image info

You can enter the info manually. But generally it is updated automatically by capturing or taking a preview frame in FITS format. You may have to change the default DSLR format from Native to FITS in the INDI Control panel and also in the Ekos options, which as of a recent update include a default capture format.
Once the information is loaded, save the state of the INDI module to retain it.
7 years 2 months ago #14236

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic dslr - image info

The pixel size must be entered manually (once) and then save config.
7 years 2 months ago #14237

Replied by Richard Konrad on topic dslr - image info

Hi,

Just a few issues still....I can't seem to enter any information in the image_info tab - I'm not sure why. Also I don't seem to have the auto-focus function working on the focus model. I have enable this in indi without any warning messages. I've attached a couple of screen shots for you to browse. Thanks!
7 years 2 months ago #14243
Attachments:

If you scroll or expand the window horizontally you should see a second field you can type into and a set button on most fields.
7 years 2 months ago #14244

Replied by Richard Konrad on topic dslr - image info

Thanks. I missed that.

I have filled in 4.3 under x, y, and pixel size um. I just read online that the three should be the same value unless my pixel isn't square. I'm getting an error message saying
Thanks.
7 years 2 months ago #14245

You need to put in valid values in all fields updated by that set button. This includes the resolution and bit depth, even if they had already been entered.
7 years 2 months ago #14251

I also updated GPhoto driver documentation to include these steps. Furthermore, Ekos will warn you if the values are not set when you first use the driver.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
7 years 2 months ago #14252

Krno, have you noticed that with the Canon 600d, when values are set by taking a preview fits image, the resolution is larger than that of a typical raw frame?
With that camera, a raw frame should be 5184x3456. But the automatically entered values are 5202x3465.
Why is that?
7 years 2 months ago #14264

The driver updates whatever dimensions reported back by libgphoto2. Maybe there is some padding added? I'm not sure. I can check today the size of RAW vs. FITS of the same frame.
7 years 2 months ago #14288

• Thank you received: 6

hi jasem, did you ever have luck checking this?

I had similar experience with 60Da. I use SIRIL to process images, it accepts .fits directly but I've always converted from .cr2.
A couple of weeks ago, in an effort to streamline workflow I tried to save some lights and darks directly as .fits which worked fine. However when I came to processing, I found my SIRIL library bias and flats (taken another day as cr2 converted in SIRIL to fits) had different sizes as reported by lhoujin.

I assumed I'd made an error when setting the image frame or it had changed between sessions, normally I just load a saved profile and it works fine for .cr2. since I don't use any EKOS functions to focus or guide with the 60Da .

I tried cropping the files using PyFits to same size but in the end had to scrap this session and decided to return to saving as .cr2 but I'd like to try .fits only workflow again!
7 years 6 days ago #16119

I also went back to strictly taking cr2. Which is a bit of a hassle right now as sequence maker defaults to FITS. As for Canon 600d, the sensor specs are 5184x3456, as are the raw files it saves. But the FITS files come out 5202x3465, otherwise they are clear images.
7 years 5 days ago #16147

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds