INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI120MM (Again)

• Thank you received: 226

ASI120MM (Again) was created by Andrew

• Picking up from the previous ASI120MM thread that has been closed, I am encountering some nasty issues with the camera again.
    At some point between the last couple weeks and when I reported I had excellent performance with stock (non-compatible) firmware, something changed. It now doesn't work at all with stock firmware, only compatible version. Streaming in INDI is a big mess. I can loop frames down to about 0.5 seconds somewhat reliably in PHD2, Linguider too but slightly less reliably. Previously I could pull 0.1 or lower.
    Has anybody else encountered issues lately? Or come up with a solution?
    User dokeeffe mentioned compiling an old driver version from GIT. Could you please elaborate more on that process?
    I am running off a Raspberry Pi3 B+, with USB current limit increased and modest overclock. lubuntu 16.04. kernel 4.1.19-v7+
    Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Andrew.
    7 years 1 month ago #14405

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Stephen on topic ASI120MM (Again)

Everything worked for me on Feb 5th. Tonight, Feb 10th, the ASI224 can be used to guide

PROBLEM: ASI1600 does not capture an image.

A complete reboot allowed it to capture a provide of 30s. a 5 or 15 sec preview would not work. After the one working preview, then the camera will not take an image again...

To be specific, the ASI1600 will go through the motions, and the completely saturated image will be obtained.

There is another symptom. The RAW 16 bit cannot be set. The error is - Cannot change format while streaming/recording.

I am not recording, and have tried turning it on, and off to see if it would turn it off. Debug log only has:
    INFO 605.100979 sec : [ZWO CCD ASI1600MM-Cool] Session log file /root/.indi/logs/2017-02-11/indi_asi_ccd/indi_asi_ccd_03:04:16.log
    ERROR 958.047321 sec : [ZWO CCD ASI1600MM-Cool] Cannot change format while streaming/recording.

PLEASE roll it back to what was working!!
    7 years 1 month ago #14406

• Thank you received: 24

Replied by Stephen on topic ASI120MM (Again)

Hi,

I just recompiled indi_asi_ccd to this version resolved things: github.com/indilib/indi/blob/5d4f4ca8d6c...indi-asi/asi_ccd.cpp

- 16 bit RAW is usable again
    - 120s image downloads.

Regards,
    Stephen
    7 years 1 month ago #14407

Replied by Andrew on topic ASI120MM (Again)

I manually replaces the ASI SDK from their own (difficult to navigate) site. zwoasi.com/software/
    I chose v8 found in the Linux & Mac:V0.6.0110 ASI SDK. It appears to be behaving better, but still relies on the compatibility firmware.
    7 years 1 month ago #14429

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic ASI120MM (Again)

I just updated INDI ASI to use latest ASI SDK V0.6.0110
    7 years 1 month ago #14433

Replied by Andrew on topic ASI120MM (Again)

Excellent. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    7 years 1 month ago #14458

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds