INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

cooling on ASI 178MM cooled

• Thank you received: 51
Hello,
I don't know if this is pertinent to open a new thread for this purpose but, I do:)
As I explained in another thread (maybe my remark was lost in a too long message) I met a problem with the ekos cooling management for ASI 178MM-S.
Firstly, the cooling setup (ON or OFF) is not saved in configuration.
Secondly, the cooling can't respect the temperature set: asking -15C and get at least and always -10C with a cooling power never reaching more than 25%.

Apart from this all works fine again. And I am very impatient to test the new polar alignment method.
7 years 2 months ago #14467

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Patrick on topic cooling on ASI 178MM cooled

I re-up the question. The temperature control of the ASI178MM doesn't work. It does so weard things. The ON/OFF activation is not saved and when ON the target is always 0 or -10. The control in the exposure is not operational, I mean whatever you ask as temperature nothing happen.
7 years 2 months ago #14555

Can you please contact ASI about that? I don't have a Cooled ASI camera to test.

EDIT: Please attach the INDI ASI log to rule out any issues with the INDI driver.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
7 years 2 months ago #14556

I guess this is not a problem with the driver but could be a side effect between INDI control panel and EKOS.
Let me explain it.
If in control panel I turn on the cooler before setting the CCD temperature the current displayed temperature 0.00°C is set as target.
And whatever you do in EKOS exposure tab you can't change it.
If in INDI control panel you set the value to -15°C before turning on the cooler the target value is respected. But as in previous case you can't change the target in the exposure tab.
Maybe there is a lost connection between what is set in INDI control panel and the exposure tab. Checking or unchecking the check button in EKOS exposure tab doesn't turn off the cooler. Setting the temperature value in the EKOS exposure tab doesn't change the value in INDI control panel. In fact INDI control panel ignore the EKOS exposure tab.
Let me know if I am right or if I have to ask Yang, if possible, he can test it on his side.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Patrick.
7 years 2 months ago #14568

Hello again,
I am still confronted with the random management of cooling. Very often, when I start the ZWO camera the cooling is "off", I set it "on" in INDI control panel. And I try to set a temperature value without success. I try to do the same thing on the Exposure tab without success. Yet the temperature drops to stabilize at a previously set value during a session where I had the control of cooling.
There seems to be a concern in the sequence diagram that disrupts the operation of the cooling control.
7 years 1 month ago #14670

Can you please check your Google chat? I've been trying to communicate with you there for a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick
7 years 1 month ago #14671

Ok issue fixed. It was due to Temperature being READ ONLY in one device while READ WRITE in another, but since they are both defined within the same driver, it was checking permission by property name, not by name+device pair. Now it is.
7 years 1 month ago #14675

If I do a git pull on INDI. Can I recompile it to check it ?
7 years 1 month ago #14676

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds