INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem with two Atik CCD

• Thank you received: 3
Hi,

I'm trying to free a friend from Windows ;) . We've got an issue while trying to use his two CCD cams. The first CCD, an Atik 383L+, is used as main cam and the other, an Atik Titan, is used as guider cam.
Both cams are detected when indi server is started. When we start shooting with only one of them everything works fine. But if we start framing with the titan for autoguiding and then we launch a sequence with the 383L+, the titan stop working.
It seems that something crash (the driver ?) because we have to disconnect and reconnect usb cable to get the titan back.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem? I'm afraid that my friend wants to get back to windows, so please help me to save him :D .

Regards,

Davy
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Davy HUBERT.
7 years 1 month ago #15118

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375
My experiences are that Titan is very power hungry and gets unstable when underpowered. When you start capturing with Atik 383L+ it surely eats more power from the circuit, which might be the cause for Titan failure. Try to connect both to active/powered USB hub.
7 years 1 month ago #15123

Hi Kaczorek,

Thank you for your answer :)

That was already what we did.

We tried this :
Both CCD connected on a powered usb hub.
Atik 383 on the hub and titan directly connected to the pc.

We used atik drivers v1.18, and we tried either libindi 1.4.1 et 1.3.0.

On PHD2, even with the titan alone we got disconnections.

But, power is a good clue, thank you ! We'll try to dig it.

Regards,

Davy
7 years 1 month ago #15124

I would rather connect Titan to powered USB hub because it is powered from USB, while Atik 383 is powered from 12V so it's not USB power sensitive. As far as I understand you already tried this. What you can do is to use good USB cable for Atik. Mine does not work with any cable. Since have I used a thick one no problems whatsoever. Try it out and let us know. Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davy HUBERT
7 years 1 month ago #15125

Ok, we didn't try to change the USB cable. I'll give my friend a thick one.
I'll keep you in touch.

Thank you :)

Davy
7 years 1 month ago #15126

Hi,

We managed to find an USB cable which works with the Titan. It works pretty well under Windows but with indi we still encounter the same problem. The Titan alone works well. The 383L+ alone also works.
But when we start framing on both cam, the titan crash. On indi logs the titan is disconnected, and we can't connect it again. We have to disconnect the Titan USB cable to get it recognized again...

I'll run more tests and I'll post indi logs here.

Davy
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Davy HUBERT.
7 years 1 month ago #15243

What do you connect the CCDs to? PC or Raspberry Pi? Have you tried the new cable over powered USB hub? With Titan you need to test various options, one of them will hopefully work. At least this is my experience.
7 years 1 month ago #15256

Hi,

Both cams were connected to a powered hub and this hub was connected to a laptop. We managed to get them work fine under Windows with ascom drivers. We only face a problem under linux with indi. So I don't think there is a usb cable issue anymore.

As soon as I can, I'll run more tests and show the logs.

Thank you :)

Davy
7 years 1 month ago #15269

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds