Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
27 Feb 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.4.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers. Several improvements and enhancements are included in this release including native support for Cygwin and MacOS platforms in addition to Linux, BSD, and Windows (Client only).
Read More...

TOPIC: Will KStars "V4L2 CCD" talk to Meade LPI ?

Will KStars "V4L2 CCD" talk to Meade LPI ? 1 month 3 days ago #15429

I plug mine into USB 2.0. It actually runs into a USB 2.0 Hub that is built-in on the ASI1600MM-C (my main camera). The ASI 1600 runs out to the Raspberry Pi.

See below for my PHD2.0 Guide graph from last night using this setup.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Will KStars "V4L2 CCD" talk to Meade LPI ? 1 month 3 days ago #15430

• oopfan
  • oopfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
That is impressive! Well, all I can conclude is that Jasem has got the problem solved.

On the ZWO website under "Software and Drivers for Linux" is this note:
*Note:Our USB2.0 camera is not compatible very well with Mac OSX & Linux. USB3.0 cameras is recommended for Mac & Linux users and fully compatible with USB2.0 host.this thread may help you if you want to try our USB2.0 cameras on Mac OSX.
There is a tab called "SDK & Software Tool". It lists these SDKs for Linux:
Linux & Mac: V0.6.0214
Linux & Mac: V0.6.0110
Linux & Mac: V0.6.0103
Linux & Mac: V0.4.0929
I looked at the INDI-ASI source code and found this comment in the README file:
CREDITS:
The origianl INDI driver was written by Chrstian Pellegrin <chripell@gmail.com> based on ASI SDK v1.0+
The driver was completely rewritten by Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja@ikarustech.com> based on ASI SDK v2.0+
None of those version numbers line up with what is on the ZWO site, so I am just assuming that Jasem and the INDI development team are on top of it, and like Jasem said in a comment earlier today that he has got a ZWO camera working great with his Raspberry Pi, and you are saying the same rockstar.

So now the question is which ZWO color camera for me? I like the Aptina sensor but the ASI120MC does not use it. I like the price though!

Will KStars "V4L2 CCD" talk to Meade LPI ? 1 month 3 days ago #15431

Both of my ZWO cameras work well. I think there was some issue with the usb 2 version in the past, but has since been resolved. I bought the 3.0 version to avoid issues like that. I only use it for guiding though.

As for color cameras, I can't help you there as I only do mono imaging now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oopfan

Will KStars "V4L2 CCD" talk to Meade LPI ? 1 month 3 days ago #15432

• oopfan
  • oopfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I think I will go for the ASI120MC although I'd like to have the other sensor. Who knows maybe I will be thrilled with it. You can't beat it at $143 which includes the all-sky lens. There will be other opportunities to try other cameras in the future. I've got to start somewhere. I have to keep reminding myself that this for the ETX-90. When I get my 8-incher in the future then I can go crazy with higher end cameras!

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica