INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Will KStars "V4L2 CCD" talk to Meade LPI ?

• Thank you received: 32
I plug mine into USB 2.0. It actually runs into a USB 2.0 Hub that is built-in on the ASI1600MM-C (my main camera). The ASI 1600 runs out to the Raspberry Pi.

See below for my PHD2.0 Guide graph from last night using this setup.
7 years 1 week ago #15429
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
That is impressive! Well, all I can conclude is that Jasem has got the problem solved.

On the ZWO website under "Software and Drivers for Linux" is this note:
*Note:Our USB2.0 camera is not compatible very well with Mac OSX & Linux. USB3.0 cameras is recommended for Mac & Linux users and fully compatible with USB2.0 host.this thread may help you if you want to try our USB2.0 cameras on Mac OSX.
There is a tab called "SDK & Software Tool". It lists these SDKs for Linux:
Linux & Mac: V0.6.0214
Linux & Mac: V0.6.0110
Linux & Mac: V0.6.0103
Linux & Mac: V0.4.0929
I looked at the INDI-ASI source code and found this comment in the README file:
CREDITS:
The origianl INDI driver was written by Chrstian Pellegrin <chripell@gmail.com> based on ASI SDK v1.0+
The driver was completely rewritten by Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja@ikarustech.com> based on ASI SDK v2.0+
None of those version numbers line up with what is on the ZWO site, so I am just assuming that Jasem and the INDI development team are on top of it, and like Jasem said in a comment earlier today that he has got a ZWO camera working great with his Raspberry Pi, and you are saying the same rockstar.

So now the question is which ZWO color camera for me? I like the Aptina sensor but the ASI120MC does not use it. I like the price though!
7 years 1 week ago #15430

• Thank you received: 32
Both of my ZWO cameras work well. I think there was some issue with the usb 2 version in the past, but has since been resolved. I bought the 3.0 version to avoid issues like that. I only use it for guiding though.

As for color cameras, I can't help you there as I only do mono imaging now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Morgan
7 years 1 week ago #15431

• Thank you received: 3
I think I will go for the ASI120MC although I'd like to have the other sensor. Who knows maybe I will be thrilled with it. You can't beat it at $143 which includes the all-sky lens. There will be other opportunities to try other cameras in the future. I've got to start somewhere. I have to keep reminding myself that this for the ETX-90. When I get my 8-incher in the future then I can go crazy with higher end cameras!
7 years 1 week ago #15432

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds