INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to make gphoto save images only to SD card?

• Thank you received: 0
I'm running the INDI server on a RPi3 which is controlled remotely from the kstars on my MacBook Air.
A Nikon DSLR is connected via USB to the RPi and I can capture and auto-focus with the USB_focus on my scope by this setup. I'd like to save captured images ONLY on the SD card in the camera, not on the RPi or the client Mac, once the focus and plate-solving are finished.
With the gphoto2 command-line app, setting the capturetarget to 1 enables to save the images on the SD card, and I found the setting of the capturetarget on the INDI control panel, but it seems not to work. The INDI server on my RPi (Jessie) was built from the source on the GitHub after installing the latest gphoto2 lib and app. Searching this forum, I found the following thread showing the "SD Card" option for the Upload in the control panel:

indilib.org/forum/general/354-nikon-bulb...d.html?start=36#1596

How can I realize this state in my setup? Is there any patch to the present distribution of the source codes?

Thanks in advance.
6 years 11 months ago #16509

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

capturetarget is set automatically by the driver upon capture. For "Local" I guess it could be made to select between local storage and SD card, so another property must be defined for this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Koichi Funakubo
6 years 11 months ago #16548

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks, Jasem.

As you suggested, selecting "Local" as the Upload option makes it possible to save the image on the SD card, but at the same time, it is uploaded to the RPi. Is it possible to force the INDI server not to upload to anywhere and to save only to the SD card?
6 years 11 months ago #16557

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds