INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Failed to set sub-frame error with SX

• Thank you received: 0
Hi - I am having trouble with my SXVR_H16 CCD/Guider combo. INDI recognizes the CCD and will take an image with it but when I try to take an image with the guider, I get an error "failed to set sub-frame"which I'm afraid I can't interpret. Can anyone help? Latest INDI library and latest SX driver.

Peter
10 years 2 months ago #571

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I'm afraid I don't follow, isn't SXVR_H16 just a CCD with an ST4 autoguider port? If so, what do you mean taking an image with the guider exactly? Did you set this CCD both as "CCD" and "Guider" in Ekos setup screen?
10 years 2 months ago #572

Not exactly. The VR line of SX CCDs has a special port that connects directly to an external Lodestar-type guidecamera with a compatible connector. The image from the guidecam is routed back to the main CCD and from there to the PC and then the corrections are routed back to the telescope.
In this case, when you want to calibrate the guider, you first take an image, select a star and then calibrate. It is in this part of the process that when I try to take that guidecam image that I get the error.
You can take an image with the guidecam via the main CCD control interface as well - by selecting the guidecam from the dropdown. The result is the same error.

Hope I'm explaining that right.
peter
10 years 2 months ago #573

• Thank you received: 174
Is it possible to connect guider directly to USB port and test it alone? Peter
10 years 2 months ago #574

If it is SXV or Exview Autoguider is is probably not possible to connect it directly to USB, am I right? :-(

Guider head support is implemented in this code but was never tested because nobody had this hardware. But if it is really a bug in the driver with your help we can try to make it running :-) Peter
10 years 2 months ago #575

Hi again Peter. That's correct. It has a proprietary connection to the CD and is not capable of direct USB connection. As you said, it's an ExView.
I just connected it up in a Win7 system and both CCD and Guide cam worked fine.
I'm happy to help debug the drivers if I can. Being a Linux newb and an INDI NOVICE, I will need guidance.
Peter

Peter
10 years 2 months ago #576

OK, please contact me at peter dot polakovic at cloudmakers dot eu, Peter
10 years 2 months ago #577

Can you subframe the guider frame in Windows as well? or is it a static size?
10 years 2 months ago #578

Subframing on a guider head is in SX API so I suppose it can work, I'll change sx_ccd_test to check it.
10 years 2 months ago #579

Time to create page: 0.684 seconds