Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
27 Feb 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.4.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers. Several improvements and enhancements are included in this release including native support for Cygwin and MacOS platforms in addition to Linux, BSD, and Windows (Client only).
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gphoto command structure, vs. the new Pentax pslr updates.

Gphoto command structure, vs. the new Pentax pslr updates. 1 week 3 days ago #17813

• Blueshawk
  • Blueshawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi guys,
I've been working on my motor systems for a while and just turned back to the camera. Now that Pentax k-50 is working in Gphoto2 at the command line I waa wondering if anyone has tried with the indilib driver yet. I'm currently getting some errors that appear to be related to the enumerator - the bit that translates commands for each model. The K-50 and other later models have different numbers there. Before I start hacking up a k-50 version of I thought it might be good if I asked around first to see if anyone else is working on it. I haven't sent them to Marcus at Gphoto yet since the command line and most of the driver working, it just fails to trigger the shutter

Here's the errors:
Driver indi_gphoto_ccd: pentax/pslr.c:1560:scsi_write(fd, cmd, sizeof (cmd), 0, 0) failed: 2
2017-07-11T15:08:58: Driver indi_gphoto_ccd: pentax/pslr.c:1216:command(p->fd, 0, 8, 0) failed: 2
2017-07-11T15:08:58: Driver indi_gphoto_ccd: pentax/pslr.c:484:ipslr_status_full(p, &p->status) failed: 2

If there's a fix that doesn't require forking the driver that would be great too.
I'm familiar with pslr.c but not the way the indi driver interacts with it. am I right that it is calling it as a class library? Also - Still not a programmer so try to understand my ignorance when appropriate. :)

ps. fixed my mount sync problem. Next up goto and meridian flip(fear)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gphoto command structure, vs. the new Pentax pslr updates. 1 week 2 days ago #17838

I've tried porting pslr.c to the Mac but gave up because I didn't have the Pentax API.

Tested gphoto2 with the K5-II on a Mac but it seems the driver may be working but not recognizing the K5 so give an error, unsupported camera.

I just don't have the skills but I'll cheer you on and hope you can get Pentax support on gphoto2 working.

I know that the iAstrohub developers have Pentax support working on a linux OS. You might want to contact them for help.

Good luck!

Gphoto command structure, vs. the new Pentax pslr updates. 1 week 2 days ago #17839

• Blueshawk
  • Blueshawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I recently helped get the Pentax k50 working in gphoto2 by suggesting that they reintegrate pktriggercord then testing a zillion commits for MMiesner. Gphoto's pentax driver and pktriggercord were both based on pkremote and those earlier efforts. you might want to try compiling from git source to see if your camera is now listed. you can also start an issue there if your camera is not yet listed and it would be very helpful to offer to help test. Marcus is very enthusiastic and great to work with. The docs page was still out of date last I looked and many of the newer cameras are now at least partly functional at the command line.
Hope this helps!
github.com/gphoto/libgphoto2

As for my problem i'm pretty sure it's something in the indi-driver, or i'm not holding my head right. I already started comparing code to try to find the whacky bit...especially since I've seen it work in the past. I might try compiling an old version to see if it is a regression error.
The following user(s) said Thank You: knro

Last Edit: by Blueshawk.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica