INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Saving camera temperature in config?

Folks, been thinking of adding temperature to config file. So that if you set it to -20, and hit "Save". The next time the camera is started, it starts to immediately cool. This is easy to implement, but I want to see if there are cases where this is NOT the desired behavior and/or can be detrimental to the CCD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Seckler
6 years 8 months ago #17996

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109
As a option, consider saving the settings independently, temperature setting, and whether it is enabled or not. Not having to set the temp every time would be nice, but I don't think I want the cooler running unless I am going to do some imaging.
6 years 8 months ago #18000

• Thank you received: 9
Instead of using a pemanent config to a file, I would suggest to just add a popup window asking the user what he wants to do when starting a capture job or starting the scheduler. This message window would, for example, remind that the CCD temperature is not set and ask what temperature the user wants.
6 years 8 months ago #18015

• Thank you received: 31
I think it is a good idea as long as it is optional. I am constanty having to reset the temperature each time I restart Ekos and I need to do this quite frequently as it is not really that stable.
6 years 8 months ago #18039

• Thank you received: 24
Hi Jasem,

The two settings would be perfect:

1. Save the last set temperature - allows just turning on
2. Setting to auto start coolers - check box.
6 years 8 months ago #18072

Time to create page: 0.699 seconds