INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Strange frames from ZWO ASI185MC

• Thank you received: 37
Hi,

I bought a ZWO ASI185MC and I get strange FITS frames with INDI on a Linux laptop and on Raspberry Pi. When I use SharpCap on Windows, the frames seems to be okay. I played with exposures 2-6 seconds, varied the settings back-and-forth for an hour, the end result seemed to be always bad, sometimes just black frames. I attach two samples.

Any idea what is wrong or what can I try?
6 years 8 months ago #18523
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109
I do not have that particular camera, but have seen issues when the bandwidth parameter is set too high. What is yours set to in the camera control panel?
6 years 8 months ago #18527

I use the factory default 40 because I read in an other forum topic that it should not be changed.
6 years 8 months ago #18528

• Thank you received: 109
40 should work well.

In looking at your images again, the first one looks like a bright reflection, like a neighbor turning a light on. The second one is a problem I see on a rare occasion as well with my 1600. It hasn't happened enough to cause me a lot of grief, and seemed to happen even less when I turned off the auto-bandwidth checkbox. How often is it happening for you?
6 years 8 months ago #18530

Thanks for the suggestions.
Always happens, but now I looked into the statistics and the pixels of the "glow" effect have very low intensity. This seems to be normal, it just looks weird because of the auto-stretch function of the FITS Viewer in KStars.
6 years 8 months ago #18583

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds