INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO ASI071MC-Cool compatibility

• Thank you received: 62
Hi Helge,

I'm not using the raspeberry pi (yet) so the usb3 connection with my pc should not cause any issue. DDR buffer would be a nice feature though.

If not using live view, how do you manage focusing? Through single exposures?
Can you control all temperature settings? I mean, turn TEC on/off, set power, set target temp etc?

Sorry to bother you with these questions but I bought the other CMOS camera without checking the compatibility and I ended up using it on a windows 10 virtual machine ...
Thanks,
Ferrante
6 years 6 months ago #19854

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 29
Dear Ferrante,

When runnig the focuser (moonlite diy focusser) I guess it is a sort of live mode - so I must have been using a live view, without thinking about it. :-)

I applied temperature setting, and the camera was cooling down to the target temperature.

Please feel welcome to send me a list of controls you would like me to check.

Actually some of them I should be able to work-thru indoor.

Best, Helge
6 years 6 months ago #19855

thanks Helge. It seems that the camera works well for you, so I'm quite confident now that it will be ok also on my setup.
But if you can try the 'live view' tab in the capture module on your next photo session would be great.

Did you follow any tutorial / guide for the DIY focuser?
Ferrante
6 years 6 months ago #19858

...will do!

This is the tutorial i was following:

hansastro.github.io/Focuser/

This is plugged into the usb port. For me it is working quite well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ferrante Enriques
6 years 6 months ago #19859

Dear Ferrante,

I checked once again the live view, in principle it works, I can get it started in the CCD tab. However, when I stop / switch off and want to start up again the live view, the screen opens, but the frame rate (FPS) remains at zero (i.e. practically I do not get the video stream). So that actually might be a kind of bug - or I failed to apply the right settings.

I attached a log file, but looks to me like it is not showing much. Maybe Jasem can help?

Best, Helge
6 years 5 months ago #19877
Attachments:

Helge again thank you for your time and the useful insight on the camera.
The live view seems to be a minor issue. Beside fixing the bug, I guess that stopping / starting INDI would solve it.

All in all I finally decided to trade my camera for the ASI071 . I'll let you know.
Best ,
Ferrante
6 years 5 months ago #19884

Dear Jasem,

I wonder if you could have a look at the potential bug concerning the live view in the ccd module: I can start and receive a proper video stream, when canceling and restarting the live view, no frames are received.

In my post below I attached a log file.

Thanks in advance!

Helge
6 years 5 months ago #19911

• Thank you received: 1
Hi HelgeMK,
I also own an ASI071MC (not-PRO) camera and am just running Kstars/Ekos with INDI where the Stellarmate is acting as the INDI server. I update the Stellarmate to the latest set of SW (using the sw updater) in order to make sure that the INDI drivers were the latest. I can see the camera shows up nicely in KStars with the ability to control the cooling temperature. However, the ASI071 has an anti-dew heater and I am not seeing a control for this on any of the tabs. I would have expected it to be on the "main control" tab along with the cooling control?
4 years 11 months ago #37426

Hi, it's in the 'controls' tab:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
4 years 11 months ago #37433
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1
Thank you! That also answers another question I had about how to change the image format :)
4 years 11 months ago #37472

• Thank you received: 5
My 071McPro stop downloading images. It loses connection sometimes as well. In the camera tab, when I hit preview I can see the countdown timer running to 0. When it gets to zero no images are downloaded and then the countdown restarts. This will go on indefinitely. Disconnect and reconnect do nothing to fix it. Unplugging and replugging the USB cable in does nothing. Restarting Kstars does nothing. Restarting the computer does nothing. I get the same result in 2.9.8, 3.0.0, 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 . This camera was mostly working without issue two weeks ago (last time I was able to image). I had seen similar behavior before when doing flats, but it was off and on. I have tried the USB traffic speeds from 90-40 and all in between. I have tried a bunch of different USB 3 cables of differing lengths. If I disconnect the camera and then use the ASICAP application from ZWO, everything seems to work again in that app.

I have a 1600mmPro that I will try today and see if that one works. Since it is the same driver, perhaps the 071 camera itself is having issues? I had to send it back to China once already for serious fogging and temp probe issues.
4 years 11 months ago #37616

• Thank you received: 5
Happens the same way on my office computer which is an iMac running the 10.13.6 . This is tested in kstars 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 . The same behavior is happening with my 1600MMPro which has worked great until this.
4 years 11 months ago #37627

Time to create page: 2.323 seconds