INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZWO asi178 fails to expose - works in other apps.

• Thank you received: 22
I have an ASI178MM usb3 that is "not" giving me fits in indilib. That is, it refuses to work properly. It tests okay in planetary imager and a couple of windose apps i've tried, but when I use the ASI driver in indi it appears to connect and then sporadically gives data, and very slowly when it does. It's giving an error 4 and the message to install compatibility firmware. I'm running the usb3 device on usb2,. ZWO only provides the "compatibility" firmware for usb2 units as far as I can tell and I don't want to risk crippling or bricking it. Any ideas?

posting from the yard on the first cold night of fall..brrr. Can't wait to get all this working
6 years 6 months ago #19915

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 54
Hi
did you try to reduce usb bandwidth on optioncontrol tab ?
Gilles.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by gehelem.
6 years 6 months ago #19929

Is this connected to PC or RPI3?
6 years 6 months ago #19951

I should have included the tequila. :P Not sure why my email only NOW showed me the responses...interwebs(shrug) I'm running Ubuntu mate 16.04 on an older acer laptop. My other equipment is working pretty decent for the most part, with the usual shaky startup issues.
@Gilles: I have not tried reducing bandwidth as that seems counter intuitive but I'll give it a shot tonight.
Cheers!

[edit: I'm pretty sure bandwidth was on auto I'll check when I set up tonight.]
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Ray Wells.
6 years 6 months ago #19970

Sorry. I hate leaving a thread go like this. Still having trouble with this but it clouded up. I'll try to get back to testing it soon, maybe just do it indoors to see if i can narrow the problem. I had a couple of crashes when changing bin, and usually can't get video to work. I turned on logging but then it worked (of course it would O.o)
The unit acts different on different systems even using the same powered hub. I read that they don't play well with some powered hubs so I plugged it in directly with no change. I know this isn't as helpful as messages and logs. I'll post more as I get it.
ps thanks to KNRO for getting gphoto/canon fixed. I was about to add it to my list of things to hit with the ball bat when I run out of patience.
6 years 6 months ago #20040

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds