INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to use gphoto driver?

can you post a dump of the bulb property setting used by the camera? The driver searches for "bulb" to see if the camera supports bulb mode. On what distro/architecture are you compiling KStars against?
10 years 1 week ago #957

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 38

Replied by max on topic How to use gphoto driver?

How to do this ?
debian testing, armhf
10 years 1 week ago #960

I am sorry ,I still don't know how to make my 5D2 work at bulb mode .
I set the camera in bulb mode and connect it to my arm device ,and start indiserver ,connect with kstars/ekos, in the indi panel ,set the exposure to 40s and press set button .nothing happen .But if Iset camera in other mode ,camera can exposure <= 30s. Here is the log when use bulb mode

File Attachment:

File Name: indi_gphot....tar.bz2
File Size:7 KB

Thank you .
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by max.
9 years 11 months ago #1081
Attachments:

Hi knor,
I may find the reason why bulb mode not work.When gphoto_start_exposure is called, it fail on line 508 in gphoto_driver.c which find_bulb_exposure return -1.This cause by when gphoto_open is called, only find the exposure widget "capturetarget". If I change line 722-723 to :
       const char *choices[2] = { "1/1","bulb" };
       gphoto->exposure = parse_shutterspeed(choices, 2);
Bulb mode is working.
9 years 11 months ago #1084

Thanks! I already committed the change to INDI.
9 years 11 months ago #1085

Hi knro,

I run some test after, and found it took very long time to get the event GP_EVENT_FILE_ADDED then download the image, some time almost 1 min.
So, I remove line 609-611
pthread_mutex_unlock(&gphoto->mutex);
usleep(500 * 1000);
pthread_mutex_lock(&gphoto->mutex);
then it work just fine, maybe it depended on camera , hope you can run some test too .

And line 595
case GP_EVENT_CAPTURE_COMPLETE:
What about download image only when GP_EVENT_FILE_ADDED happen ?According to official source code of gphoto2, it do nothing when GP_EVENT_CAPTURE_COMPLETE happen .

Another thing ,why delete the file in camera ?First I notice it always download the same file and it could be a bug .What about a switch to let user to decide whether keep the image in the camera ?
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by max.
9 years 11 months ago #1117

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by Miguel on topic How to use gphoto driver?

I tried your changes max (commenting the lines 609 to 611) and putting a 'break' just after GP_EVENT_CAPTURE_COMPLETE to avoid trying to download the image in this case, and with my Canon 550D everything is working just fine :)

About the image deletion in the SD card, I think more or less in the same way. I'm using a raspberry PI as server and it's pretty slow to get the image from the camera and send it to the client through wireless. Maybe one possibility may be for example to shoot with RAW+L(jpeg) settings, keep them in the SD card and download and send the L image to the client.

But I'm not sure if this is possible at all. I'm trying it with the existing driver and the RAW+L shows a funny behaviour. If I shoot with this settings, only one of the images are taken and delivered to the client. The other seems to be kept on the 'buffer' [??] and it's delivered when the user asks for another capture.
9 years 11 months ago #1118

Time to create page: 0.868 seconds