INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Datyson T7M

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Chris on topic Datyson T7M

Thnx!
SW Quattro CF 8" F4 - Canon 60DAW -Canon FD200mm F2.8 - allccd5v mono - Datyson T7M - iEQ45 8407 & iEQ45 8406 - RPi 3b ekos+kstars - LattePanda W10
6 years 3 months ago #21470

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

flashed the firmware and now the cam is working on rpi both ekos and phd. its also working on windows phd2.
The only problem now is that the screen is constantly a bit messed up. See pictures attached.

didnt had time to test st4 port yet.. will do this soon.
SW Quattro CF 8" F4 - Canon 60DAW -Canon FD200mm F2.8 - allccd5v mono - Datyson T7M - iEQ45 8407 & iEQ45 8406 - RPi 3b ekos+kstars - LattePanda W10
6 years 3 months ago #21485
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 87

Replied by nMAC on topic Datyson T7M

Good to know it's already working. You are showing live video on attachments, live video does not work well with this cameras because
it's very demanding on USB2. Is it happening on still capture too? Leave USB bandwidth manually at the value "40". Do not leave it in auto mode.

Regards.
6 years 3 months ago #21494

this is happening on still capture too.
bandwith is set to 40 in the controls tab.
It's not constantly.. but happens often.

Didn't used the cd that came with the camera? Can't imagine I should, but do I need to install somethinh additiona as well?
6 years 3 months ago #21504

Hi,

I had that problem too on RPi, it's usb bus is sensible to some devices, even with a powered hub.
I gave up on RPi on my primary setup and now I am using the camera on x86_64 PC with an Atom Processor and I don't have those problems. The same happened with my SSAG.I didn't use the cd at all. I only flashed the compatible firmware from ZWO website and started using it with INDI.
One other note, just verify if the camera is working at 8bit mode! Don't use 16bit it will mess up the images too.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by nMAC.
6 years 3 months ago #21508

I bought the cam especially for the rpi for guiding :).
The QHY5 that doesn't work on rpi is perfectly working under windows.

I think the problem will not be that big when using the cam with PHD2 and a interval of > 1s ..
8bit mode is on. Will update here soon if I tested it at night :).
6 years 3 months ago #21525

One last note, I generally find that 2x2 bin works better than 1x1. I does not hang so often.
Also try to keep the exposure >=1s like you said. I use 1s and works fine. Less than 1s is too fast if you are using it with client-server topology.
RPi USB can't cope with that.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by nMAC.
6 years 3 months ago #21550

thanks, need some time to test it :)
any idea how to mount this cam to a simple finderscope 8x50?
6 years 3 months ago #21656

Mine was attached with a custom built PVC tubing adapter and works fine. But I have seen CNC adapters specially built for this purpose.
Something like this:

www.modernastronomy.com/shop/accessories...ght-through-finders/
6 years 3 months ago #21663

• Thank you received: 37

Finally got time to test the T7M. I made a adapter myself for the finderscope to test it.
I directly noticed the calibration process didn't run smoothly what PHD recognized see attachments.
Now I will make anothe cable as well to test the pinlayout for the T7M as posted earlier here.

6 years 2 months ago #22546
Attachments:

Thanks for your report. It seems you have the same problem but on the RA Axis. Mine is on DEC (North). I am starting to think this cheap cameras all have problems with the ST4 port :-( More reports on this camera would be useful. Please post your results with new cables. I have extensively debug my camera but to no results. At least it works fine with pulse guiding!

One other thing, before making new cables, try to guide it manually with camera relays (ST4) with PHD, with a large pulse to see if all 4 axis works. NORTH direction fails on mine. That will give confirmation.

Regards.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by nMAC.
6 years 2 months ago #22547

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds