INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Short exposures for ZWO cameras

Have you compiled INDI or KStars on your machine before?
6 years 4 months ago #20798

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7
I have compiled the INDI drivers many times but just downloaded KStars and updated/upgraded. To install KStars I used
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indi-full kstars-bleeding
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Gina Davis.
6 years 4 months ago #20799

there might be a chance you have left-over INDI still on your system. Make sure /usr/local/bin does not have any INDI and also /usr/local/lib
6 years 4 months ago #20800

I presume you mean on the client machine - in which case, no
gina@Mint-Desktop ~ $ ls /usr/local/bin
apt  gnome-help  highlight  mint-sha256sum  pastebin  search  yelp
gina@Mint-Desktop ~ $ ls /usr/local/lib
python2.7  python3.5
gina@Mint-Desktop ~ $ 

On the RPi
pi@ASCmono:~ $ ls /usr/local/bin
pi@ASCmono:~ $ ls /usr/local/lib 
libbcm2835.a  python2.7
pi@ASCmono:~ $ 

Should explain - the name ASCmono was from when I was using a mono camera in my ASC, just haven't changed it.
6 years 4 months ago #20801

Well, I'm out of ideas. Anyone else having this issue?
6 years 4 months ago #20803

Thought I would try a different client machine so now I'm using my Dell laptop also with Linux Mint but with an older version of KStars (v2.6.0). There are now messages in the log window. I'm attaching screenshots of the version info and the INDI Control Panel for the camera. The ASC and RPi has not been touched other than to disconnect the other client machine and connect this one. That's one problem but there's still the minimum exposure on the ZWO CCD INDI driver.

Next thing I plan to try is updating/upgrading this laptop to the latest versions.
6 years 4 months ago #20804
Attachments:

Upgraded to the latest KStars on the laptop and now the messages are not appearing in the log window. So that would indicate a problem with the latest KStars.
6 years 4 months ago #20806

• Thank you received: 34
I just compiled kstars and indlib from git and my ASI174Mini can take "0,000032" exposures aswell as "0,000064", 0,000100 without any errors, but when I enter " 0,00001" and press enter it returns to "0,000032".
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gina Davis
6 years 4 months ago #20807

I'm wondering if I've got a different ZWO CCD INDI driver.
6 years 4 months ago #20808

Been looking around the directory structure on my RPi and I have version "libindi_1.2.0_rpi" so maybe the upgrade didn't work properly. Maybe I should start again from scratch and build a new system on another micro SD card. The version I'm using definitely won't allow an exposure of less than 1ms.
pi@ASCmono:~ $ ls /
9-indi-library-for-raspberry-pi.html  boot  etc   lib                lost+found  mnt  proc  run   srv  tmp  var
bin                                   dev   home  libindi_1.2.0_rpi  media       opt  root  sbin  sys  usr
In libindi_1.2.0_rpi is :-
pi@ASCmono:~ $ ls /libindi_1.2.0_rpi
astroberry-svn                          indi-eqmod-dbg_0.3_armhf.deb         indi-sx-dbg_1.4_armhf.deb
atikccd-1.1-armhf.deb                   indi-ffmv_0.1_armhf.deb              libapogee3_3.0.3234_armhf.deb
dcraw_9.26_armhf.deb                    indi-ffmv-dbg_0.1_armhf.deb          libapogee3-dev_3.0.3234_armhf.deb
fliusb-dkms_1.3_armhf.deb               indi-fishcamp_1.0_armhf.deb          libapogee-dbg_3.0.3234_armhf.deb
fliusb-source_1.3_armhf.deb             indi-fishcamp-dbg_1.0_armhf.deb      libfishcamp_1.0_armhf.deb
indi-aagcloudwatcher_1.3_armhf.deb      indi-fli_1.0.0ubuntu3_armhf.deb      libfishcamp-dev_1.0_armhf.deb
indi-aagcloudwatcher-dbg_1.3_armhf.deb  indi-fli-dbg_1.0.0ubuntu3_armhf.deb  libfli1_1.8.ubuntu5_armhf.deb
indi-apogee_1.5_armhf.deb               indi-gphoto_1.4_armhf.deb            libfli-dev_1.8.ubuntu5_armhf.deb
indi-apogee-dbg_1.5_armhf.deb           indi-gphoto-dbg_1.4_armhf.deb        libindi1_1.2.0_armhf.deb
indi-asi_0.5_armhf.deb                  indi-gpsd_0.3_armhf.deb              libindi-data_1.2.0_all.deb
indi-asi-dbg_0.5_armhf.deb              indi-maxdomeii_1.1_armhf.deb         libindi-dev_1.2.0_armhf.deb
indi-astroberry                         indi-maxdomeii-dbg_1.1_armhf.deb     libqhy_0.1.8_armhf.deb
indi-bin_1.2.0_armhf.deb                indi-qhy_1.6_armhf.deb               libqsi7_7.2.0_armhf.deb
indi-dbg_1.2.0_armhf.deb                indi-qhy-dbg_1.6_armhf.deb           libqsi-dbg_7.2.0_armhf.deb
indi-dsi_0.1_armhf.deb                  indi-qsi_0.5.0_armhf.deb             libqsi-dev_7.2.0_armhf.deb
indi-dsi-dbg_0.1_armhf.deb              indi-qsi-dbg_0.5.0_armhf.deb         libsbigudrv2_2.1.1_armhf.deb
indi-duino_0.2_armhf.deb                indi-sbig_1.7_armhf.deb              shoestring-1.1-armhf.deb
indi-duino-dbg_0.2_armhf.deb            indi-sbig-dbg_1.7_armhf.deb          usbfocus-0.7-armhf.deb
indi-eqmod_0.3_armhf.deb                indi-sx_1.4_armhf.deb
6 years 4 months ago #20809

The camera driver is "indi_asi_ccd" in my current RPi system but I can't find such a file in the INDI library for Raspberry Pi v1.5.0. The OS is Raspbian Jessie.
6 years 4 months ago #20810

Please redownload again from here: indilib.org/download/raspberry-pi.html

I checked the download (v1.6.0) and it contains the driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gina Davis
6 years 4 months ago #20812

Time to create page: 0.722 seconds