INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Short exposures for ZWO cameras

• Thank you received: 7
Using Ubuntu Mate as OS rather than Raspbian has cured the short exposure problem for the ZWO ASI185MC camera. I can now set the exposure down to 3.2e-5 ie. 0.000032s. Thank you everyone for all your help :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Rob Lancaster
6 years 4 months ago #21084

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Been trying to add the Astroberry drivers that I use for controlling GPIO pins. This worked before with Raspbian but now with Ubuntu Mate I'm getting an error.
gina@asc:~/indi-astroberry$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ../astroberry-svn
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148 (message):
  Could NOT find INDI (missing: INDI_LIBRARIES) (found version "1.6.0")
I've searched through the files in the package thinking it may be looking for the wrong version of libindi but I can't find such a reference.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Gina Davis.
6 years 4 months ago #21088

Since the Astroberry project has been superseded by PiFace it occurred to me that Astroberry may need updating to work with the latest "other bits" so I thought I would try PiFace. I know how to modify the code to "bend" it to my requirements so decided to compile the supplied version to check it works. However, the cmake stage gave errors :-
Scanning dependencies of target indi_piface_relay
[ 75%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/indi_piface_relay.dir/piface_relay.o
/home/gina/astroberry-piface/piface_relay.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void IndiPiFaceRelay::TimerHit()’:
/home/gina/astroberry-piface/piface_relay.cpp:197:41: error: ‘strcmp’ was not declared in this scope
    if (!strcmp(SysInfoT[0].text, "sun8i"))
                                         ^
/home/gina/astroberry-piface/piface_relay.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool IndiPiFaceRelay::ISNewSwitch(const char*, const char*, ISState*, char**, int)’:
/home/gina/astroberry-piface/piface_relay.cpp:359:37: error: ‘strcmp’ was not declared in this scope
     if (!strcmp(dev, getDeviceName()))
                                     ^
CMakeFiles/indi_piface_relay.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/indi_piface_relay.dir/piface_relay.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/indi_piface_relay.dir/piface_relay.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:104: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/indi_piface_relay.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/indi_piface_relay.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
I shall need to take the compiling source code route if I am to edit the code.

OOPS - I should have started a new thread for this as the current thread is SOLVED. Which I have now posted...
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Gina Davis.
6 years 4 months ago #21092

• Thank you received: 375
Let us discuss this in the new thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gina Davis
6 years 4 months ago #21222

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds