Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
20 Aug 2017
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.5.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cannot enable Indi debug option with Canon EOS 1000D

Cannot enable Indi debug option with Canon EOS 1000D 1 week 5 days ago #20831

• mlarsson
  • mlarsson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi!
I've just become an owner of a Canon EOS 1000D, and am trying it for the first time with Ekos. I seems to work find, but when I enable the Debug option in Indi, it immediately switches back to Disabled. What is happening here?

Also: Bits per pixel is automatically updated to 16 when I take a picture However, the historgram in the image seems to have about 4000 as maximum value. Should it not be far higher, if bits per pixel was 16? And: according to documenation it is 12, not 16. And I cannot change it. Typing in the value 12 (beside all the other values there), and clicking Set doesn't work - nothing happens.

So a few strange things. Most basic perhaps the inability to turn on Debug mode. What should I do?

Magnus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cannot enable Indi debug option with Canon EOS 1000D 1 week 4 days ago #20837

Debug stuff moved to Ekos Logs button in Ekos Summary Screen. There you would enable/disable logging for drivers. For bits per pixel, INDI only recognizes 8/16/32..etc, so 12 bps is transmitted as 16bps always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blueshawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.570 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica