INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY163M disconnect INDI

Oppps, for some reason the fxload-libusb on my system accepted the -D option. I'll revert these changes later today along with updated QHYSDK.
6 years 3 months ago #21759

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Jeff Wilson on topic QHY163M disconnect INDI

Any word on getting the fxload settings changed? I finally have a clear night, and I got my 163M outside. It is -16C ambient. I am having the same disconnect problems as rankinstudio on my RPi3, so running back outside to unplug and replug the camera isn't too much fun right now.
6 years 3 months ago #21902

• Thank you received: 6
I think fxload was a different issue.
The disconnects are still happening to me as well. I have managed to get some longer runs between disconnects.
Avoid running autofocus. Save the images to the RP3, then FTP them over. Seems to help.
When it does disconnect, just reboot the PR3 from command line and you can get it responding again.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by David Rankin.
6 years 3 months ago #21903

Yes, the fxload issue is separate, except that the disconnects make an additional complication. You are right in that the focusing seems to be where the disconnects seem to happen the most.
The RealVNC Viewer's file transfer functionality seems to be working better for me than ftp/scp/sftp.
6 years 3 months ago #21910

libqhy should now depend on fxload (not fxload-libusb) which should work for all fx2 & fx3 cameras.
6 years 3 months ago #21911

Thanks. I see that the udev rules were updated for just using fxload. Unfortunately, it looks like fxload was removed from my RPi3 with that last update. Which build are you using, since not all fxload support usb3?
6 years 3 months ago #21931

I got it working like this
1. Run ethernet out to the RP3
2. Save images to the RP3, FTP them over
3. Avoid autofocus. Just capture, make a focus adjustment, then capture again.
The issue seems to be how the commands are being sent to the cam over Wifi, when it is hard wired to the router it works. Packets are being lost or something. It seems like its related to when an exposure finishes.

It may work normally without doing the FTP and manual focus over ethernet, I haven't it yet.

Edit:

Still having issues.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by David Rankin.
6 years 2 months ago #22009

We're almost there with the latest update. I found that fxload is present again and it works with USB3. However, the 85-qhy.rules file has /usr/bin/fxload listed as the path for a number of cameras farther down on the list (older cameras at the top of the list correctly had /sbin/fxload). Once I did a search/replace to make them all /sbin/fxload, plug-and-play with the 163M was restored.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
6 years 2 months ago #22060

Good catch. Fixed.
6 years 2 months ago #22068

This is extremely frustrating. Few months later and still getting random disconnects with the QHY163M in INDI. I may just sell the camera. Is there a comparable camera other than the ASI1600 that actually works with INDI?

Thanks
6 years 1 month ago #23365

How does it disconnect exactly? No response? Is it a crash? or what? Do you have to do some action to get the disconnect?
6 years 1 month ago #23367

Same as detailed in the posts above. It just stops responding to Ekos. Other equipment works fine still. In the driver, the camera won't let me disconnect, connect, ect, all the little lights turn yellow.

If I restart just Ekos, it says the QHY Camera not found. The only way to get it to reconnect is to restart the RP3. It seems to happen after the camera completes an exposure, the exposure never registers in ekos as complete, then it freezes up and wont to anything else until the RP3 is restarted. I have no indication as to what is causing the issue expect that the USB traffic setting seems to affect it. If I set the USB traffic to 29, it will crash sooner. If I set it to 40, it will crash sooner. I can get it to go for a while on setting 32 but it still eventually crashes.

The RP3 is hardwired to the router, and I'm saving the images local to the PR3.

I had an ATIK 414EXM working on this same system without issue.
6 years 1 month ago #23368

Time to create page: 0.630 seconds