INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

MacOS & QHYCCD: indi_qhy_ccd crashes when indiserver starts

• Thank you received: 5
On MacOS (High Sierra) the QHYCCD driver keeps crashing at launch. This applies to Kstars 2.8.8, but also to the newest 2.8.9. It seems that some reference is missing (see attached console dump when executing (/Applications/kstars.app/Contents/MacOS/indi):

./indiserver -vv ./indi_qhy_ccd
6 years 3 months ago #21706
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Yes, you are correct, Jasem wanted to do something about this a few days ago, but I was busy with PHD support and guiding plots. Also, I don't have a QHY camera, so I would have a problem diagnosing the issues with it. Jasem has both a Mac mini and a qhy camera but he was having an issue with home-brew building kstars. I can probably look into his issue with building and then he can look into your issue with the QHY driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alessio Beltrame
6 years 3 months ago #21710

• Thank you received: 5
Thanks for the update Rob,
if there is something I can do to help you sort this out, please let me know.
6 years 3 months ago #21712

Well some good news, I just uncommented the section of the script that builds qhy to see if it would build. it did. So, maybe I can build a dmg within the next day or two that has the QHY support fixed. I need to talk to Jasem first and see if there is some other issue. I will get back to you soon.
6 years 3 months ago #21714

Oh no that wouldn't work.. because the binary blob for Mac wasn't updated in the build process. I will try to get something built for Mac as the QHY SDK now fails to build on MacOS.
6 years 3 months ago #21723

I think the work for QHY is all finished, so it should work again on OS X. I think we also have apogee working on OS X. Both of thsese should be tested to make sure they work since I don't have either camera. And as of today, I just got DSI to work on OS X, but the changes to make it work need to be pushed to KStars, libinidi, and the build script. In the next couple of days I should be able to make a Mac dmg with OS X support for all 3 of these formerly unsupported cameras.
6 years 2 months ago #22101

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds