INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Conflict between indi_moonlite and indi_asi drivers

• Thank you received: 87
Hi!

I am having a problem with indi_moonlite and indi_asi drivers. When I connect both drivers I can only capture a subframe on guider control screen.
I can't capture a full frame (either 1x1 or 2x2). Going do INDI control panel and setting a resoltution of 640x480 and take a picture it works. When I return to the guider control screen it defaults to 1280x960 and again I can't take a full frame.

As soon as disconnect from the indi_moonlite driver, I can take a full frame! If I reconnect, again the same problem.
I am using the latest versions of Kstars and indi drivers. Building drivers from source as the same results.

Regards
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by nMAC.
6 years 1 month ago #22824
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
From my experience, indi_moonlite, while being "only" implementing a serial protocol, is sensitive to traffic and latency, and may cause disruption to other devices (again, my own experience!). I don't know your setup, but it could be that you connected both devices to the same hub (even the internal one on your motherboard) and that doesn't suit one of them. Try plugging the camera in a different one. On Linux, "lsusb" can help you diagnose this.

-Eric
6 years 1 month ago #22843

Hi and thanks for the response. That was the first thing I tried as the ASI120MM (2.0) is also a little picky on USB too. Separated the camera USB (6 ports on the PC) from the one I had connected to the USB Hub, but, sadly it didn't work out ok.Tried all ports available. I had them all connected to a powered hub, never had problems until latest version of Kstars and indi.
6 years 1 month ago #22844

Ok, I was able to reproduce this issue, but it is not related at all to the focuser. The problem I found is that if you are connected to a remote INDI server, then you subframed an image, then disconnected, and then restarted KStars and connected to the remote server again, the both focus and guide module will register the remote image (which is still subframed) size as the "full size". I corrected this now, but not sure if this reflects your issue or not.
6 years 1 month ago #22856

Hi Jasem, already updated but can't still get the first full frame before calibration.
Thanks for the efforts.
6 years 1 month ago #22865

sorry, I just pushed to KStars repo. I am working on fixing other issues, so forgot to push. Ok, try to git pull now and compile/install KStars and see how it goes.
6 years 1 month ago #22867

I have just updated to lastest and the problem is still there. I cannot get the first exposure (full frame).
Regards
6 years 1 month ago #22927

When you first start everything, go to INDI control panel, Image Settings, and check what's the size there? and when take a frame in focus module, are the values altered?
6 years 1 month ago #22936

Hi Jasem,
i have just test it and the value keeps the same, 1280x960. It does not change during focus or guide exposure. But I found something.

While the camera is restarting in exposure loop (timemout and restart), if you force a 640x480 resolution in INDI control panel, the camera exits the loop and captures a 640x480 ful frame! If you try a exposure a second time in focus or guide module, it obviously returns to the default size, 1280x960 and it keeps looping again.

So I suspect this has something to do with USB camera bandwidth. Could it be? That confirms why the camera only captures in subframe mode.

Regards
6 years 1 month ago #22941

ah that's actually a pretty good guess. Did you set the bandwidth to 40 (lowest)? Try that.
6 years 1 month ago #22981

Yes I did. It,s defined at 40. This is weird it was working fine a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 years 1 month ago #22983

Sorted out! In fact it was an HUB problem, ditched the thing and connect all directly to PC.
Working now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonard Bottleman
6 years 1 month ago #23555

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds