Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
08 Apr 2018
INDI development team is happy to announce the release of INDI Library v1.7.0. This new exciting release builds on the maturity of INDI Library and comes with many new supported devices and fixes for existing drivers.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: First try with ASI 1600 MM Pro

First try with ASI 1600 MM Pro 3 months 2 weeks ago #22989

Hello, I bought an ASI 1600 MM Pro cooled camera for Christmas. I could only test it yesterday because of the weather. Everything worked fine, except the
cooling system.When I turn on the cooling system by indicating a temperature to be reached, the fan turns on but the temperature does not drop. The cooling power gradually reaches 100%. Maybe a hardware problem ?
Another problem which concerns more specifically INDI, I wanted to activate in the control panel the debugging of the zwo camera, this one is deactivated immediately after its activation. indi-asi-dbg is installed (version 0.7~2018020202032307~ubuntu16.04.1)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First try with ASI 1600 MM Pro 3 months 2 weeks ago #22990

For the 2nd issue, if you're using Ekos, you need to activate debugging in Logs button in the setup screen.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

First try with ASI 1600 MM Pro 3 months 2 weeks ago #22992

I checked verbose, file, INDI, Capturer, alignment, Guide, Mount. I start INDI, I can enable ASI debug, but when I connect the camera, debug is disabled immediately

First try with ASI 1600 MM Pro 3 months 2 weeks ago #22993

Okay, it's working now. Apparently, that's because I didn't save the configuration. I answered too quickly, sorry...

First try with ASI 1600 MM Pro 3 months 2 weeks ago #22995

Also need to check CCD in logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bilbo-le-hobbit

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info

First try with ASI 1600 MM Pro 3 months 2 weeks ago #22999

• xsnrg
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
I use a 1600MM Pro with the latest INDI drivers without any issue. If you are not seeing it cool, I would suspect a hardware problem such as the temperature probe in the camera. You said you see the power increase, so that seems that the cooler itself may be working, but without the temperature probe giving you a temperature, you won't know. ASI does a good job of standing behind their products, so a repair/replace should not be an issue. Just not fun being down for a bit.

Later you said "it is working now". Was this just for the logging?

First try with ASI 1600 MM Pro 3 months 2 weeks ago #23007

xsnrg wrote: I use a 1600MM Pro with the latest INDI drivers without any issue. If you are not seeing it cool, I would suspect a hardware problem such as the temperature probe in the camera. You said you see the power increase, so that seems that the cooler itself may be working, but without the temperature probe giving you a temperature, you won't know. ASI does a good job of standing behind their products, so a repair/replace should not be an issue. Just not fun being down for a bit.

Later you said "it is working now". Was this just for the logging?

Sadly, just the logging... :(
The temperature sensor seems to be working: it indicated 2°C last night outside, 22°C this morning in the living room.

First try with ASI 1600 MM Pro 3 months 2 weeks ago #23009

• xsnrg
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
aye, sensors seems okay, but no cooling then. Still a bummer/replacement time.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds

Login

3rd Party

Choose from the numerous 3rd party INDI drivers to suit your needs!

Got Problem?

Check out the FAQ, the forum, and the bug tracking system to resolve any issues you might have!
You can also subscribe to INDI newsletter and development mailing lists to get the latest updates on INDI!

Gallery

Replica

Why INDI

Replica