INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Fake QHY_CCD abort

• Thank you received: 72

Fake QHY_CCD abort was created by Magnus

This is related to this post, that was unanswered until forgotten. indilib.org/forum/wish-list/2895-newer-a...iding-exposiure.html

So the issue I'm having, now that I successfully can guide with indi_qhy_ccd and Orion SSAG, is the following.

If for any reason a exposure is aborted the driver crashes. "qhy get singleframe exposiure (-1)" or something similar.
In the wost case I have to disconnect Ekos and reboot my odroid, witch means there is no chanse for automation.

Ekos actually uses Abort exposiure for the guider quite often. When a sub is completed and dithering starts, when autofocus betwean subs start, and so on..

So heres the bugfix 'hack'.
What if I reimplement the abort button in the qhy driver to either sleep or do a timechecked loop for 4 seconds, then return 'abort success'?
I was thinking of just removing the function, but I figure abort exposure is something Ekos assumes is implemented.
I would newer use as mutch, or more than 4sec guide exposures, so in any case the exposiure is completed within 4 secons, and essentially the exposiures has been aborted.

So with the weather her in Norway this winter 'A LOT OF SNOW!*, I don't want to try this if it takes away from imaging time. And whent it's not snowing, I want to be imagnig.

So does it sound like the hack above would work? Using sleep is usually not god practice, but I guess any code that uses the abort function will wait for success, so should be good?

BTW. using the setting 'Auto Treshold', Guider QHY_CCD, Via Celestron gps Combined with great polar aligment, the Orion SSAG does finnaly calibrate with two axies enabled :)
Proud owner of Observatory 17b - A remote Linux observatory.
Build thread @ SGL: Starting summers observatory project
6 years 2 months ago #23117

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Fake QHY_CCD abort

Do you have the logs? Guide is not suppose to abort capture. It aborts in two cases.
1. Autoguiding is aborted.
2. Exposure timed out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
6 years 2 months ago #23145

• Thank you received: 72

Replied by Magnus on topic Fake QHY_CCD abort

That is true, however 1) does occure quite often.

1) Occurs if main ccd has finished exposure, and is set to dither guide cam. The guide cam (qhy_ccd) aborts exposiure, starts dithering, and resumes guiding.
1) Occurs if filter is changed, and KStars is set to focus on filter change + focuser is set to 'stop guiding while focusing'.

There are also other cases.
If guiding has a random fail 'looses track of guide star'. Then I will have to wait for the entire calibration fails after xx iterations. If I try to stop the calibration process, then exposiure is aborted, and qhy_ccd trhows the error, and I have to reboot server.

I do not have a recent log, but Ill re post the old one from the first post I made about this.
It shows clearly that after the first exposiure aborted, the error occures.
2016-12-18T20:17:59: QHY CCD QHY5-0-M-: GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1)

Hope this makes sense. I'll try to get new logs if I get some clear weather soon. Or I will try to start the Orion SSAG with Gude Star Catalouge, to se if I can reproduce in testing.

File Attachment:

File Name: QHY.log.txt
File Size:1 KB
Proud owner of Observatory 17b - A remote Linux observatory.
Build thread @ SGL: Starting summers observatory project
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Magnus. Reason: Forgot log...
6 years 2 months ago #23149
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds