INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY5LIIC not connecting to INDI on OSX

• Thank you received: 809
The firmware path printed out matched the qhy firmware path for the files on your computer right?
6 years 1 day ago #24597

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
That didn't do it either. I don't think it's loading the firmware. I noticed that as soon as PHD connects the red light on the back of the camera comes on, and stays on till the camera is unplugged. It never comes on at all when I try to operate the camera via INDI.
6 years 1 day ago #24598

Yes, the firmware path matches.
6 years 1 day ago #24599

One more thing you might try. Try putting the files in the /Contents/Resources/DriverSupport/qhy folder into a subfolder called firmware, which would give you the full path: /Contents/Resources/DriverSupport/qhy/firmware
Last edit: 6 years 1 day ago by Rob Lancaster.
6 years 1 day ago #24600

PROGRESS!!! :) :) :)

It still doesn't work from KStars directly. However, when I run indiserver from the command line and then connect to the server as a remote at localhost it works.

When I open another bash shell window that hasn't had the INDIPREFIX variable set it still doesn't work. So I suspect that is the key. There was a time when I knew which of my /etc files to add that to but I guess we'll have to cut a corner off my nerd card because I can't remember.
6 years 1 day ago #24601

ok then that means the QHY code probably wants the firmware to be in a subfolder called "firmware" of the folder passed to it in this method: OSXInitQHYCCDFirmware. So in KStars we set the environment variable to the same path I told you to export. So If you moved the firmware to a folder that works just fine in the command line, I would expect it to work in KStars too. . .

Another way to do this is in KStars, under the Tools menu, under "Devices" there is device manager. Try selecting the QHY CCD and clicking "Run Service"

But if it does need to be in that subfolder, then we will make sure in the next release of KStars it is in that subfolder instead.
6 years 1 day ago #24602

I think that's got it. I have to initiate the camera by trying to connect to it. It will error out, and then when I try to connect again it starts working properly. It's not 100% perfect but at least it's usable.
6 years 23 hours ago #24603

Ok so let me just clarify.

If you have the files in /Contents/Resources/DriverSupport/qhy/firmware instead of one folder up where I put them, it does work in KStars, but sometimes will not load the firmware and you have to click connect a second time?

Is that correct? If so, that is similar to what I found when working with the Meade DSI as well, which I do have.
6 years 23 hours ago #24604

That's exactly what is happening. I think it's significant that the first time that I try to connect to the camera and it errors out the light on the back of the camera comes on. I've noticed that as long as the light on the back of the camera is already on the next time you connect to the camera it will connect.

THANK YOU very much! I was about a day away from returning the camera and getting an ASI camera instead.
6 years 23 hours ago #24605

Yes, I think the issue there is that it does load the firmware, but it tries to connect before it is loaded. As I mentioned I did some work with Jasem to get DSI working on OS X and I encountered this problem. I think we made it try more than once to connect and that of course worked better, but I don't remember if that made it into the final version of the code. We might have solved it another way I don't remember.

But I will make sure the firmware is in a subfolder in the next OS X dmg and for now, just remember to try connecting again if it doesn't work the first time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Quinn
6 years 23 hours ago #24606

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds