INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pentax K-5 capture failed

• Thank you received: 5
I upgraded before starting and must state the the situation is more stable.
Two sequences have been defined with different ISO. The first sequence works fine but the frame is showed in the viewer before the next frame is taken. I have the impression the frames are not saved. After the first sequence, the ISO setting has been changed and communicated to the DSLR. This did not work before. The second sequence is launched but no frames are shown in the viewer.
This time I attach the log.
The gphoto2 version is as follows:
gphoto2 2.5.9 gcc, popt(m), exif, no cdk, aa, jpeg, readline
libgphoto2 2.5.16.1 all camlibs, gcc, ltdl, EXIF
libgphoto2_port 0.12.0 iolibs: disk ptpip serial usb1 usbdiskdirect usbscsi, gcc, ltdl, USB, serial without locking
5 years 11 months ago #25165

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You forgot to attach.
5 years 11 months ago #25166

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic Pentax K-5 capture failed

First of all, thanks Jasem. After upgraded to new version of kstars, I am now using the Pentax DSLR option but not the Gphoto CCD option. So, my question is do I need to switch back to gphoto CCD just to test out your small modification?

Regards,
Tom
5 years 11 months ago #25185

Sorry Jasem, here it is.
After some reflection, during the execution of a sequence, the frame is shown in the viewer leaving the option to save or not, but the dialogue does not wait until you reply. As a consequence, frames are not saved at all. Is this normal? I have not understood why watching a frame in the viewer is not an option. When you do not take the option, frames are just saved in a predefined directory.
5 years 11 months ago #25194
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 66

Replied by Greg on topic Pentax K-5 capture failed

Pentax DLSR option??? what's that?
5 years 11 months ago #25208

Good question. Does that mean that today beside Canon and Nikon DSLR drivers we have now also a Pentax DSLR driver?
5 years 11 months ago #25209

In the latest 2.9.4, Pentax DSLR option already in the list. :) Now Jasem is fixing the ghost image issue but only available in nightly build which I am using it now.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Tom.
5 years 11 months ago #25211

• Thank you received: 66

Replied by Greg on topic Pentax K-5 capture failed

Yeah! Pentax has finally made the list!

That’s super cool because I just opted to modify my K-5II for full-spectrum rather than buy a CCD. Nice!
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Greg.
5 years 11 months ago #25212

Yeah. You won't regret it.
5 years 11 months ago #25213

I just tested the Pentax DSLR driver.
For the logging I selected Ekos Capture and FITS and the CCD-driver (See log attached).

I created one sequence of 2 shots with exposure 2s/2s delay and started with ISO 3200. Next I deleted the sequence and just changed the ISO back to ISO 100.

The viewer shows the frame at ISO 3200 and does not change the ISO while the sequence has ISO 100. I am pushing the start sequence button rather than the Preview button. The result is that the viewer pops up and allows me to invert colors, save or close. The behaviour is totally under control if selecting the FITS format. Frames get saved properly. Also the communication of new parameters for a new sequence seems to work well with the FITS format. Issues reported before were probably due to the native format viewer.
5 years 11 months ago #25218
Attachments:

The log shows only ISO 100 as being selected, there is no ISO 3200 there at all. I'll check this with Canon later today.
5 years 11 months ago #25228

If you want I will check again this evening. I was first running tests with one line of 2 exposures in the sequence list. I deleted the line and put a new one with another ISO value and the ISO did not change on the DSLR. Another test was running two identical lines with only the ISO value that was different. I do not remember whether I run the tests with the FITS format or the Native format. I have the impression that performance is better with FITS than with native. Do not put too much time in it now. I will come back this evening with verified tests and provide the logs.

Just one additional question. Which signal starts and stops logging? Is it the "Connect" signal?
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Stefan Nonneman.
5 years 11 months ago #25234

Time to create page: 1.396 seconds