INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

recording .ser from streams

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic recording .ser from streams

Thanks for the quick modification, Jasem, I will try it as soon as I am able. As for the .ser recording, I am able to create the file, but when I go to load the frames into any software, it is as if they are note encoded correctly. No image is visible and some of the frames have lines. I have tried loading them under both windows and Linux, and in siril, and in stakkert. Your files had proper images in them?

I am uploading a small one to drive for anyone to look at. Here is the link: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4I8Ucuo...WYklBQ28?usp=sharing
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Jim. Reason: added link to ser folder with zipped .ser created on the 24th
5 years 10 months ago #25623

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yeah, can't see anything in there. Can you record SER in any other driver? Simulator? V4L2? ..etc?
5 years 10 months ago #25627

the .ser from the simulator appears to work fine. I recorded a .ser and was able to use the frames in siril without problem.
5 years 10 months ago #25632

So I recorded against from ASI120MC and it all worked fine.. the only format that didn't work was 16bit because I couldn't capture any 16bit to begin with. Even raw 8bit bayer worked fine and the SER player showed the frames in _color_ just fine (when they appeared monochromish in KStars). The only thing that didn't work was color OGV recorder. Grayscale worked fine, so I had to work on color support for a bit and got that working. Of course, SER is a better format IMO when compared to OGV since SER is lossless.

All this tested on my desktop PC, but I can test soon on StellarMate but doubt if that would make any difference.
5 years 10 months ago #25666

I have only tried with the 1600, will try the 290
5 years 10 months ago #25668

the 290 and the 1600 work well when directly connected to my laptop. The way I have been trying to record the clips is by pressing the record button on the viewer when viewing remote.

The ASI is attached to a NUC at the scope running INDI and I am remotely streaming to another computer watching the video without any problem. It is on this remote computer I am pressing the record button. I will try to record some frames using the INDI control panel instead of the record button on the viewer and see how it goes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfred
5 years 10 months ago #25674

Last night I had some nice skies, so I tried recording .ser again using my remote setup. I am having the same problem. When directly connected, it records usable files, when remote and hitting the record button, the files end up unusable like the previously attached one.

NUC on scope, remote is a PC, both with latest INDI/Ekos/kstars. Go to streaming in control panel, start watching the stream, stream looks great. Hit record button on stream viewer, no joy.
5 years 10 months ago #25824

I'll try remote recording today with StellarMate & ASI and report back.
5 years 10 months ago #25828

• Thank you received: 160

Replied by Alfred on topic recording .ser from streams

I am experiencing the exact same problem with an ASI 294.
5 years 10 months ago #25830

Hi Jasem, just wondering if you had a chance to try this remotely yet?

Thanks
Jim
5 years 10 months ago #26167

In fact I did a couple of days ago and it worked just fine.
5 years 10 months ago #26172

• Thank you received: 160

Replied by Alfred on topic recording .ser from streams

It does work here now, too!
5 years 10 months ago #26183

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds