INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI 120MM-S Not Working

• Thank you received: 19
Tried the cam at night. Seems that daylight is only too much for it, thats why i always got plaine white pics. The other issue has something to do with bandwith... but thats not neccesarry. Anyway. Cam works, problem solved..

cheers Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
5 years 8 months ago #27570

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
Yes I have the asi120mmS the mono USB 3 version. I have been using it as my guide camera for a year or so now in KStars with phd2. I love it because it is reliable and as you observed, extremely sensitive! If you want to take shots in the daytime with a camera lens, you will need to reduce the exposure time to milliseconds or even microseconds. In the capture module of Ekos, you can use exposure times like that. I have also tried using it as my main imager with an h alpha filter. For a cheap camera it can do some amazing work. I liked it so much I just got an asi 224 color for quick color images of nebulas. This evening I found that even with the color version, I can detect the North American nebula in a half second exposure. It rocks.
5 years 8 months ago #27576

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds