INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

compile indi-gphoto on Raspberry pi ERROR | SOLVED

Well, here are the steps to compile indi and indi-gphoto from the command line. There will be an updated debian package for Pi in about 4 weeks, but for now you can do this:
$ mkdir ~/Projects
$ mkdir ~/Projects/build
$ mkdir ~/Projects/build/libindi
$ mkdir ~/Projects/build/indi-gphoto
$ cd ~/Projects
$ svn co svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/indi/code/trunk
$ cd build/libindi
$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ~/Projects/trunk/libindi
$ sudo make install
$ cd ../indi-gphoto
$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ~/Projects/trunk/3rdparty/indi-gphoto
$ sudo make install
9 years 8 months ago #1763

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
pi@raspberrypi ~/Projects $ svn co svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/indi/code/trunk
-bash: svn: command not found
is there a problem with this, i'm copying and pasting
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Campbell. Reason: spelling
9 years 8 months ago #1764

There is a dedicated thread about building KStars & libindi. At any rate, you can run this first:
$ sudo apt-get install libnova-dev libcfitsio3-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev zlib1g-dev subversion libgsl0-dev build-essential cmake git libjpeg-dev
9 years 8 months ago #1765

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks for all your help KNRO,
Unfortunately it's still not recognising the dslr and still comes up with the message to see if the power is ok and if the name of the device is correct.
There did seem to be 2 errors when I entered the last Sudo install line for gphoto, I might try wiping the whole thing and starting again.
I'll read that build thread, thanks again for your patience and help.
Campbell

Below is the last message:
i@raspberrypi ~/Projects/build/indi-gphoto $ sudo make install
Linking CXX executable indi_gphoto_ccd
CMakeFiles/indi_gphoto_ccd.dir/gphoto_ccd.o: In function `GPhotoCCD::initProperties()':
/home/pi/Projects/trunk/3rdparty/indi-gphoto/gphoto_ccd.cpp:220: undefined reference to `CCDChip::setCCDInfoWritable()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [indi_gphoto_ccd] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/indi_gphoto_ccd.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Campbell.
9 years 8 months ago #1766

This means indi-gphoto was complied against an older version of INDI Library. It still lurks on your Pi. Did you run this?
cd /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
sudo rm libAlignmentDriver.so  libindidriver.so.0  libindidriver.so.0.9.8  libindimain.so.0  libindimain.so.0.9.8  libindi.so.0  libindi.so.0.9.8

After that
$ cd ~/Projects/build/libindi
$ rm -rf *
$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ~/Projects/trunk/libindi
$ sudo make install
$ cd ../indi-gphoto
$ rm -rf *
$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug ~/Projects/trunk/3rdparty/indi-gphoto
$ sudo make install

When you run cmake for indi-gphoto it should report INDI library under /usr/lib. Anyway, post all the log you get EACH step of the way even when running cmake. Better attach the log as a file here.

Also, another issue is that make sure your DSLR power timeout is long enough, my 550D was 30 seconds so if I turn it on, it turns off in 30 seconds and I get message "Power OK?" before I have a chance to connect to it, so I made it stay on for 2 minutes before it automatically turns itself off.
9 years 8 months ago #1767

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds