INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

When is the temperature threshold being applied?

• Thank you received: 10
I was just taking 300secs darks and realized the set temperature threshold was not taken into account during the session, but only at the beginning? Is that the intended behavior?
Skywatcher Newton 200/1000, Sharpstar 60ED, Canon Lenses
Skywatcherr EQ-6 R, AZ-GTI
StellarMate @ Raspberry Pi 3B+
ASI 183 MC Pro
ASI 290 MC guiding cam on APM 60 ImageMaster
Sesto Senso 2 Focuser + Astromechanics Canon Focuser

5 years 8 months ago #27642

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

When a job starts, it sets the temperature and wait when it is in range. It does not actively check temperature between images though.
5 years 8 months ago #27647

• Thank you received: 10
Would it be possible to implement that the same way like the constraints for guiding and focussing, so it gets checked during the capturing process as well?

It happens to me, that e.g. I set the temperature to 0°C and tolerance at 0,5° that when I start capturing, it starts when it reaches 0,5°, but the cooling is so laggy that it actually goes further down until -13°C and only then comes up again to 0°C. So assuming I need to have calibration frames at the same temperature, I can use the first lights.

It would be nice to wait until the camera has found the right cooling level and does not oscillate around the target temperature anymore. Even if the "waiting" is implementing by starting capturing and aborting when the tolerance bands are left. Same as with the guiding and focussing.
Skywatcher Newton 200/1000, Sharpstar 60ED, Canon Lenses
Skywatcherr EQ-6 R, AZ-GTI
StellarMate @ Raspberry Pi 3B+
ASI 183 MC Pro
ASI 290 MC guiding cam on APM 60 ImageMaster
Sesto Senso 2 Focuser + Astromechanics Canon Focuser

5 years 8 months ago #27660

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds