INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

external serial shutter, without connecting a camera

• Thank you received: 2
hello.
I'm using some FUJI mirrorless cameras, but they cannot be connected by Gphoto.
Can I use ONLY serial shutter cable , without Gphoto connection?
If possible, I can do dithering with Kstars/EKOS guiding function. It will be helpful for reducing noise.
5 years 7 months ago #28700

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
I own a Fuji X-M1. I tried to reverse-engineer the remote shutter circuitry, but did not spend long enough to break through.

Actually I stopped using it after I experienced issues with long exposures, with the image turning blue and not gathering light anymore after five-ten minutes of exposure. Besides, there's the jpeg conversion going haywire and shifting the white balance based on some unknown parameter, although I can live with that when shooting raw. Besides again, the live view doesn't support customized exposures, so it's quite difficult to align if you don't have a parallel pointing tool, and to focus without wasting memory space on the card.

But even with all those issues, it is a very good camera to use, and the battery is surprisingly supportive. It has a big sensor really suitable for widefield. So if you have tricks and advices, I'll listen happily as I still think it is useful for mobile setups :)

-Eric
5 years 7 months ago #28717

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.636 seconds