INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI 120MM no longer working together with EQMod

• Thank you received: 11
My ASI 120MM does work on Windows and with PHD2's internal ZWO lib but it does no longer work in the INDI environment. Connection is ok but when trying to get an image I end up in an infinite loop. The SDK has been updated some days ago and I suspect that the malfunction is due to this change as the cam worked the time before. The installed indi-asi is 0.9~201808180712~ubuntu18.04.1. Logfile is attached. Any ideas?

CS
Klaus
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Klaus.
5 years 6 months ago #29186
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
If it is an ASI120MM USB2 then the camera will not work unless you flash the firmware. Please search this forum because the solution has been posted here several times.
5 years 6 months ago #29188

Replied by Klaus on topic ASI 120MM no longer working

The cam has already been flashed (well, quite a while ago) and worked until some weeks ago. Yesterday I used it again and ... no image. I'll give a new flash a try. Perhaps the new SDK makes it necessary. Thanks.
5 years 6 months ago #29190

Reflashing didn't help. Does anyone has this cam working with up to date software installation?
5 years 6 months ago #29195

Well, things become more complicate. When I use the ASI together with mount simulator the cam works correctly! If I use the cam together with EQMod I get no image as the cam loops forever. Any ideas?
5 years 6 months ago #29196

• Thank you received: 41
I have the ASI130mm USB 2.0 which makes the same trouble as the 120mm USB 2.0.
I did also flash the compatibility firmware. However, except that the warning in the Kernel message buffer disappeared, nothing substantially
really changed. Since some Linux Kernel Version >= 3.0 the camera just makes trouble. Before it actually worked.

What works so far (for me) is: Exposure >= 1.5 sec and 8 bit. Whenever the exposure < 1.5 sec or in 16 bit, I am getting the errors.
5 years 6 months ago #29199

Attached a new log with ASI and EQMod. Hope it helps.

@Copello

AFAIK, Linux kernel version 4.x or newer need devices which comply 100% to the USB standards. Older linux kernels were a bit more sloppy in this regard. These old ZWO cams are somewhat incompatible now so that RAW16 does not work most of the times but RAW8 does.
5 years 6 months ago #29201
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 182

Remember to flash it with the xxx-compatible.icc version. The other one (without the -compatible in the filename) will not work.
5 years 6 months ago #29202

• Thank you received: 41
Yes indeed the latest Kernels need devices which comply 100% to the USB standards. Have tried exp time > 1.5sec.
I wrote a simple command line tool ( github.com/tstibor/asic ) to control mono ASI cams and to understand the timing problems they have with detailed debug details.
You can use that as an easy starting point to explore which parameter combination suppose to work
5 years 6 months ago #29203

• Thank you received: 94

Replied by alacant on topic ASI 120MM no longer working

Hi. Working ok here with this firmware on Ubuntu 18.04 using the native zwo driver along with indi-eqmod via PHD2.
HTH
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by alacant.
5 years 6 months ago #29209

Thanks guys for your input. My first idea when facing the issue was that something is wrong with cam, but it turned out that the cam works correctly. It does not work when EQMod is up too. This means that somehow EQMod blocks indi_asi from downloading the image. So this is more an EQMod issue rather than an ASI issue.
5 years 6 months ago #29211

Today I switched from stable ppa to the nightly builds and run a quick check on a test machine. In this environment the cam gets images while EQMod being up too. This looks very promising and I'll take a closer look later in the day.
5 years 6 months ago #29249

Time to create page: 0.835 seconds