INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI 120MM no longer working together with EQMod

• Thank you received: 226
I have not had a good experience with the ASI 120MM on Linux, even with compatibility firmware flashed to the camera. I can confirm it works better with exposures over 1s. But all too frequently I get corrupted image frames. I have even attempted a custom kernel with a modification to the USB driver core. I can not say if that works however because I have not resolved issues with installing the custom kernel.

If anybody is interested in attempting that here are the code changes to the file config.c found within the source files for USB core driver.
    j = maxpacket_maxes[usb_endpoint_type(&endpoint->desc)];

if (maxp > j) {
-      dev_warn(ddev, "config %d interface %d altsetting %d endpoint 0x%X has invalid maxpacket %d, setting to %d\n",
+      dev_warn(ddev, "config %d interface %d altsetting %d endpoint 0x%X has invalid maxpacket %d, setting to %d",
           cfgno, inum, asnum, d->bEndpointAddress, maxp, j);
+      #if 0
       maxp = j;
       endpoint->desc.wMaxPacketSize = cpu_to_le16(i | maxp);
+      #endif
    }

/*

Reference: bbs.astronomy-imaging-camera.com/viewtop...61fb0c61e9&start=10#
5 years 6 months ago #29255

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
I have the same experience. The ASI120MC never really worked for me even with the compatibility firmware installed. I created custom kernels in exactly the same way and managed to install them but gave up in the end due to system instabilities. I purchased an ASI120MC-S (USB3) and that has worked flawlessly for nearly a year now.
5 years 6 months ago #29276

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds