INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI and DMK on Ubuntu 18.04

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,

I wan't to use my DMK 31 camera as guider but I don't even manage to connect it to Ubuntu... The camera is actually seen by the system, in Linux log and by entering 'lsusb' in the shell, but I cannot open it with Ekos (it only finds my laptop's webcam). I think that the camera is not recognized as a camera and attributed to a \dev\video# file that I can refer to. Do you have an idea ? Is that a driver problem ?

Thanks.
5 years 2 months ago #35387

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 104
The DMK use the uvcvideo driver but not all the model are recognized automatically.

For my DMK-21 I have to add a rule in /etc/udev/rules.d/ :
ATTRS{idVendor}=="199e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="8101",  RUN+="/sbin/modprobe -b uvcvideo"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="drivers", ENV{DEVPATH}=="/bus/usb/drivers/uvcvideo",  RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo 199e 8101 > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/uvcvideo/new_id'"
Replace 199e:8101 by what you see in lsusb

Patrick
The following user(s) said Thank You: Royer
5 years 2 months ago #35397

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Royer on topic INDI and DMK on Ubuntu 18.04

Thank you very much for your answer! I did not know the udev rules. Now I can connect the camera but I experience many troubles when I want to get the video stream or acquire images. The INDI log says:
Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: indi_v4l2_ccd dispatch error: Property CCD_VIDEO_STREAM is not defined in V4L2 CCD.
Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: indi_v4l2_ccd dispatch error: Property CCD_EXPOSURE is not defined in V4L2 CCD.
Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: indi_v4l2_ccd dispatch error: Property CCD_ABORT_EXPOSURE is not defined in V4L2 CCD.
Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: indi_v4l2_ccd dispatch error: Property CCD_EXPOSURE is not defined in V4L2 CCD.
Driver indi_v4l2_ccd: indi_v4l2_ccd dispatch error: Property CCD_ABORT_EXPOSURE is not defined in V4L2 CCD.

Sometimes at connection, I get a warning window saying that the v4l2 driver has crashed. Are there specific settings to do ?
5 years 2 months ago #35483

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds