INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems with QHY5V on RPi and a startscript

• Thank you received: 0
Hello everybody,

I have some trouble running the driver for my QHY5V guiding cam on my Raspberry. The Atik driver works really finde for the 314LC+ and the Celestron driver(indi_celestron_gps) does just the same for my CGEM-DX.
If I type in "indi_qhy_ccd" it says: "No such file or directory" which driver should I use and where can I get it? I have also created a shellscript to run the server when booting the Raspberry, could someone please read it and says me if I need further improvements:
#! /bin/bash
indiserver -v -m 100 indi_atik_ccd indi_celestron_gps indi_qhy_ccd #drivers may change
echo "Server gestartet" #display message for assuring the start
fi
Then I would put the script to /etc/init.d and establish a link to the default runlever(init 2)
ln -s /etc/init.d/indiskript.sh /etc/rc2.d/indiskript.sh
Will it work that way? How could I implement that it gives me an error display message if it didn´t start correctly(like echo "Server konnte nicht gestartet werden" but that it´ll only show if the server couldn´t be started)

Thank you in advance for answering all my questions!
Cheers and CS
Paul
9 years 5 months ago #2142

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 174
Hello Paul, I don't know if QHY driver is part of Raspi distribution but even if it is, it will not support QHY5V. Peter
9 years 5 months ago #2143

But why wouldn´t it work? In the Devices section the QHY 5V is listed as supported with the installation info. Are there any other possibilities to get the guiding working without buying a new camera?
Paul
9 years 5 months ago #2144

• Thank you received: 174
Paul, unless you have some 3rd party driver, only plain QHY5 is supported. Look here: indilib.org/devices/ccds/qhy.html . QHY5V is a different device.

Try lin_guider , but I'm not sure if they do support this particular model.

Peter
9 years 5 months ago #2145

Thank you Peter! I´ll try lin_guider first, or I look for a driver for the QHY5V. In the worst case I´ll change the guiding cam to a supported model.
Paul
9 years 5 months ago #2146

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds