INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

trouble disconnecting qc4000 pro

• Thank you received: 0
Recently I started to experience problems when disconnecting my web camera. When I hit the disconnect button Ekos simply hangs. I can not stop the indi server.
it comes with the following error: pwc:

[ 2258.426044] indi_v4l2_ccd[3213]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f68e404343c sp 00007fff23910ee0 error 4 in libc-2.19.so[7f68e3fd1000+1bb000]

by the way half of the time it connects to the laptops built in camera although I specifically select video1 to connect.

Is anybody else have same problem?
9 years 2 months ago #2607

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please make sure you set /dev/video1 in KStars/INDI settings "Video Port" as this value is automatically applied once you start INDI. Not sure about the error, I will try today with my webcam.
9 years 2 months ago #2610

I am testing on astro distro but the latest Mint 64 comes with the same bug. Indi settings are set to video1 but in control panel before connection it still remains video0. Need to set it there to video1 as well. Very similar problem with disconnection when the battery on connected canon 1000d goes flat- ekos hangs and need to restart kstars.Disconnect button is active but it seems doesn't do anything. "Stop Indi"button is inactive as it still thinks its connected. I'm using 5m repeater USB cable. On short USB leads - there is no such problems. I've put powered USB hub at the mounts end - no difference... Could it be timeout problem?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Milen Velinov.
9 years 2 months ago #2612

Tested with another QC 4000Pro - the same problem. The camera get disconnected in the middle of exposure. Tried without extension cable - everything works fine. Have found an article in internet - Logitech does not recommend using usb2 extension leads especially for the old cameras....
9 years 2 months ago #2762

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds